PDA

View Full Version : little starting problem

nottsgreent5
Friday 14th October 2011, 10:28
having a bit of a problem geting the car to start now when its hot has anybody else had problems running blues on a mapped 15g starts fine when cold put the standard ecu back in n alls fine again lol

ncarnall
Friday 14th October 2011, 11:48
I have same sounding problem as you, mines standard turbo and map etc. It's in garage since yesterday I just called to see how getting on and he says he thinks its the crank position sensor although I'm not convinced. It started fine when cold but even slightly warm and it doesn't want to know but it did start for the breakdown crew who put jumper leads on and churned it over for quite awhile, but it did fire! so I'm not convinced but may be worth a look?

james
Friday 14th October 2011, 13:43
i had the hot starting problem and it turned out to be the pipe on the inlet manifold under the power steering res.(part of the pcv system)although the pipe was well connected it had split with the heat

hope this helps

nottsgreent5
Friday 14th October 2011, 15:57
mine is fine on the standard ecu its when the mapped ones in it doesnt like hot starting but was fine before i put the blues in thats whats confussed me abit would of thought a mapped ecu would have no probs with running blues even if it was mapped for oranges?

nottsgreent5
Friday 14th October 2011, 16:02
oh forgot to say mr carnall mite be worth changing the starter if you had a spare i had prob with a friends t5 same probz as what youve got same code changed starter n was sorted

nottsgreent5
Friday 14th October 2011, 21:12
do i need the fuel presure reg that came with the blues to make them work on my car lol

p fandango
Friday 14th October 2011, 21:14
do i need the fuel presure reg that came with the blues to make them work on my car lol
nope, got that Apexi on yet? ;)

nottsgreent5
Friday 14th October 2011, 21:28
no mate lol been busy sortin a oil leak and geting the car running reliably lol hopefully ill get it done at work next week lol