PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tuner USB question

claymore
Thursday 13th October 2011, 11:42
For turbo tuner users.

how does the sample tuned map on the tt usb cd compare to a HLM 304, just for comparison, so that I've got a starting point.

volvo
Thursday 13th October 2011, 12:14
Thank you Colin!

Sorry i can't help you with the query on your post but just got your feedback! lol

jardon
Thursday 13th October 2011, 12:43
For turbo tuner users.

how does the sample tuned map on the tt usb cd compare to a HLM 304, just for comparison, so that I've got a starting point.

As Adam Webber (Turbotuner) was the HLM/Rica software man a while ago (and assuming the HLM 304 is in fact a white label Rica 304) I would have thought he should have the info you need.

Dangerous Dave
Thursday 13th October 2011, 15:32
PM Turbo-tuner on here mate or pop onto the turbo tuner forum and ask there mate, as you won't get any publicly posted info about maps, especially on here.

p fandango
Thursday 13th October 2011, 16:16
he's told me it was based on a "tuned" map ;)

claymore
Thursday 13th October 2011, 18:22
Academic now, the car is in being mapped as we speak,
Unfortunately after a couple of hours tinkering the engine is breathing heavily and the oil is full of petrol, so an oil change first thing tomorrow, now got the afr's where we want them so the boost will be wound up in the morning and give it a few power runs, Mike (who is doing the mapping couldn't understand why he couldn't get any more than 216bhp, until I pointed out that the boost was wound right off.

Alan M
Thursday 13th October 2011, 18:53
The tuned map I found to be very conservative. Best bet is to start from scratch and completely go over the base map given as it is very all over the place and not smooth at all. It does take a few hours but you can have a very driveable map quite quickly. After you get the hang of it its quite easy to make changes that can be very noticeable. Being able to monitor knock will be the most beneficial for you though colin. A good knock monitoring system should be used as I managed to get loads more advance out of my conservative map just by using one for a very very short while.

Thursday 13th October 2011, 19:36
Compaired to what i have seen on other forums the turbo tuner is THE product for 850/V70 owners as long as you can find someone who knows what they are doing with the mapping i think its andyr has good results from his car i will be buying one my self

claymore
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:03
At the moment I'm not certain it can handle the strange readings the supercharger is sending it, It took us an hour to get the car ticking over without 'Hunting' and it's still throwing flames out of the exhaust on gear changes at the moment....lol

JT's Mechanic
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:19
and it's still throwing flames out of the exhaust on gear changes at the moment....lol

You say that like it's a bad thing!? lol

JT
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:26
cant beat a good lick of flame on a downshift! :)

but every gear change???

danny-R
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:28
I hope you get on with the tt better than I did, agreed it's an awesome bit of kit but i just kept getting the urge to up the fuel/boost which probably killed my engine.

Hope it helps you get some good results with your car and it's been a pleasure doing business with you.

danny-R
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:30
Oh, and the service adam provides is second to none. Can't fault him one bit.
Helped me out a few times within minutes of emailing him,
so adam if your reading, cheers

JT
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:36
I hope you get on with the tt better than I did, agreed it's an awesome bit of kit but i just kept getting the urge to up the fuel/boost which probably killed my engine.

Hope it helps you get some good results with your car and it's been a pleasure doing business with you.

I have no knowledge of mapping stuff so I leave it to someone who does,as the 1 thing I do know is if you get it wrong, u will kill it!:(
and I would also get that same urge,so I dont have the software either! lol

Oh, and the service adam provides is second to none. Can't fault him one bit.
Helped me out a few times within minutes of emailing him,
so adam if your reading, cheers

I have to second that,100%.
top bloke.

and thanks again from me too.

p fandango
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:42
i want one :(

Jamest5r
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:44

Oi thought i had 1st dibs on that......only joking mate :) how you getting on with your motor?

Claymore..looking nice, hope you get the sc to work with it properly, best bet give Adam a call he will tell you and save you time and money on the RR.

Off topic i saw Adam's name underneath a letter in PPC mag today putting them in there place over their T5 engine feature a few month's back, nice one :)

Volvostorm
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:46
I have no knowledge of mapping stuff so I leave it to someone who does,as the 1 thing I do know is if you get it wrong, u will kill it!:(
and I would also get that same urge,so I dont have the software either! lol

I have to second that,100%.
top bloke.

and thanks again from me too.

The TT software comes with the ECU ;)

The program advises you to a point with about what to fiddle with.

p fandango
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:47
Off topic i saw Adam's name underneath a letter in PPC mag today putting them in there place over their T5 engine feature a few month's back, nice one :)
lol did they get a few things wrong

claymore
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:49
Oi thought i had 1st dibs on that......only joking mate :) how you getting on with your motor?

Claymore..looking nice, hope you get the sc to work with it properly, best bet give Adam a call he will tell you and save you time and money on the RR.

I'm not ready to ring Adam yet, It's early days and the car has improved hugely already, tomorrow will be the real test,

Alan M
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:50
Its all fun. What injectors are you using and what fuel pressure are you running? I found using Bosch injectors with an impedance over 14 ohms the best for getting the fuelling right at idle and my injectors ranged from 412cc items to 750cc with 12-16 ohms items running 3 bar fuel pressure. You should still be able to get the car running right but you're very limited with what you can actually adjust within TT. Are you monitoring your Maf values? This may help your situation as you have compound charged the car. Also changing up to a larger Maf housing will definately help as you can effectively make more alterations to the fuel map as your dumbing down the air flow reading by increasing the area in which air passes through/over the Maf.

JT
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:53
The TT software comes with the ECU ;)

The program advises you to a point with about what to fiddle with.

I know that, but I gave the software to someone that knows what they are doing.
and as you can only register the software on 1 pc, thats my safe guard I wont mess with it and f*** it all up! lol

claymore
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:55
Its all fun. What injectors are you using and what fuel pressure are you running? I found using Bosch injectors with an impedance over 14 ohms the best for getting the fuelling right at idle and my injectors ranged from 412cc items to 750cc with 12-16 ohms items running 3 bar fuel pressure. You should still be able to get the car running right but you're very limited with what you can actually adjust within TT. Are you monitoring your Maf values? This may help your situation as you have compound charged the car. Also changing up to a larger Maf housing will definately help as you can effectively make more alterations to the fuel map as your dumbing down the air flow reading by increasing the area in which air passes through/over the Maf.
Using blue injectors, turned the fuel pressure down to 25psi but still running to rich at the moment, I've got a 3" maf housing but haven't fitted it yet, I only went in to the tuners to ask when they could do it and they said that if I went to get the car straight away they'd get it straight in.

danny-R
Thursday 13th October 2011, 20:57
sorry james, i did offer (sort of lol) but you know how it is.

I've had it running but cannot get it to boost will be in touch via pm soon.
cheers