PDA

View Full Version : T-5R Front Bumper Removal

The Flying Banana
Saturday 13th August 2005, 21:13
Is it easy to remove the front spolier from the bumper on one of these...i am getting it painted and would rather it was off the car getting done..also are the side skirts just a pull off job....looks like plastic rivits underneath but is there anything lurking under the front wing etc

Cheers folks!!

S

Tomcat
Saturday 13th August 2005, 21:25
Front bumper is fairly straight forward.

Drill out the rivets inside the wheel arch liner, open the bonnet andremove the two trims under the headlights. undo the torqs screws along the top edge of the bumper( ther are approx 7 I think). Remove the two grills either side of the main intake on the bottom part of the bumper, remove the torqs screws on the underside of the bumper moulding (again approx 7). The whole bumper should now slide forward and off the car. The lower(coloured) part of the bumper is clipped into the grey(upper) part of the bumper along its length you will need to prise these out 'gently' with a screwdriver.

Hope this helps.

spesh
Saturday 13th August 2005, 21:39
It took me 5 hours if that helps, lol :slap:

Tomcat
Saturday 13th August 2005, 21:44
Five hours Spesh!, what did you do it with your eyes shut?. I should only take about an hour max, if you've done it before then about half that..

Sheesh I don't know.................

oizukilemon
Monday 22nd August 2005, 11:59
tomcat - are you still making these ?
I am in need of a t5r front chin spoiler