PDA

View Full Version : Wheel wobble

audimadmike
Saturday 13th August 2005, 20:24
Recently had all wheels balanced coz of excessive wheel wobble, 90% better, changed tyres last week so balanced again, also had front wheel bearing replaced.
BUT still it wobbles, partly through the seat but mostly through steering wheel, not excessive but I know it shouldn't be there. I've examined all suspension joints/bushes all seems okay, no noises. (fine at 85mph plus!)

Any common faults its likely to be??????

It doesn't pull or wander and brakes straight.

cheers
Mike

deerworrier
Saturday 13th August 2005, 20:34
probably miles of here but if you checked everything else i had the same problem on my "trooper" turned out it was the steering idler arm. it basically absorbs the feedback from the power steering system, the trooper is full power not assisted so it was noticable straight away, took me a few days to suss what was wrong. i dont even know if the volvo has an idler arm but i am sure it will have some sort of damping system.

vt5
Monday 15th August 2005, 09:29
If you cant feel it up to about 50mph then it wobbles then seems to go at about 85mph ish then youve got a buckled alloy.

Jack up the car, spin the wheel by hand and look at it front on ie thin ways, you should be able to see a shimy either up and down or side to side.

Also check if you havent lost a wheel bolt or that all the bolts are the same as each other, 850's ive found are really sensitive with spun weights on the fronts.

Happy hunting. :)