PDA

View Full Version : turbo acctuator?

matt_t5r
Wednesday 12th October 2011, 21:44
think the acctuator is shafted on me banana, holds back when boosting and you can move bar in and out freeley, dont think thats right?

need to change the lot as turbo seals have gone, been leaking over 3 years (not bad but smokes every now and then.

any idea on prices for above parts? is fitting easy? and how the devil is everyone?

matt_t5r
Wednesday 12th October 2011, 21:45
also went to the Dick Turpin last month but knowone was there, was late arriving tho :(
assume you all went home lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 12th October 2011, 21:52
Thread moved to correct place
As for getting a acuator you can get a genuine one from volvo rufe off here will do you a good price or take a punt at the ones on ebay.
Either way you go a new acuator will need setting up

merc85
Wednesday 12th October 2011, 23:08
also went to the Dick Turpin last month but knowone was there, was late arriving tho :(
assume you all went home lol

Very sorry no one was there, It's the 2nd Sunday of every month. 12.00am onwards, i was there 12 - 3.30pm last sunday as i have a 65 mile drive back.

As for actuator, Ruffe is probably your best bet as 2nd hand ones are obvioulsy going to be worn. and to what degree?

Or try and buy a good 2nd hand turbo from this or other forum complete with actuator.

Hope to see you at the next meet.

MoleT-5R
Thursday 13th October 2011, 08:26
i recently thought i was have actuator problems, getting little or no boost when i believed i should have. i checked all the usual pipes etc and the actuator arm i could move easily. i then removed the exhaust from the turbo and started the car, it sounded better and throttle response picked up, so i took it up the road and the boost had returned. Put the exhaust back on and the boost died again, one collapsed cat blocking the escaping exhaust gases, hope this is of some help to you, maybe this could be whats happened to your boost....:crazy:

matt_t5r
Thursday 13th October 2011, 18:19
ok, that sounds plausable, cat does stink every now and then! and as far as i can make out it is the origional cat :)

Cheers fellas, give me something to do then,