PDA

View Full Version : Wing mirror

01c70t5
Saturday 13th August 2005, 18:51
After some t**t decided to demolish my wing mirror today (luckily it seems only the glass has broken)... Anyone know how much it is to replace it.

I have a feeling that as its a heated electric job, it could be expensive.

I could go on forever about the standard of driving :icon_soap but I won't.

audimadmike
Saturday 13th August 2005, 19:09
£59!! electric/heated :jaw:

01c70t5
Sunday 14th August 2005, 21:59
So, no chance of seperating the glass from what appears to be the heating element?

Have managed to take the glass + element out, the glass looks like a stick on job. Has been a bit difficult to seperate so far (not really had a go as yet).

splatt
Sunday 14th August 2005, 22:04
So, no chance of seperating the glass from what appears to be the heating element?

Have managed to take the glass + element out, the glass looks like a stick on job. Has been a bit difficult to seperate so far (not really had a go as yet).
I did this ages ago on a Sierra (yep...sorry...I had one of them...)
Could get a glass only at Halfrauds for a fiver so did a heat up on the element of the old one with a hairdrier to pick the old bits off. New one glued on..happy days
The other alternative if you can get a glass is to stick it on top of the old one.
The difference will be the heated bit will not work quite as well (as the glass is thicker)

01c70t5
Sunday 14th August 2005, 22:14
Could get a glass only at Halfrauds for a fiver so did a heat up on the element of the old one with a hairdrier to pick the old bits off. New one glued on..happy days

If it's a choice between spending a tenner, and half a day doing a job. Or spending nearly 60 and 2 minutes, I think I'll choose the latter.

I have to say a Sierra Cos (Sapphire) up for sale caught my attention this morning. Was tempted to have a joy ride at least.

Main roads have now joined the same list as car parks for places not to leave my pride and joy.

Vikingxl
Sunday 14th August 2005, 22:16
I fixed the heated electric mirror on the wifes golf by sticking a new glass in and it worked fine.Well worth having a go!