PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Fuel reg?

merc85
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:42
Is there any benifit from from runing a FSE adjustable fuel pressure reg?

Doesn't seem many people run them here, so i guess not.

I'm thinking about getting a new fuel pressure reg from volvo but windering if there would be any benifit in buying a high pressure one?

Any help/advise much apreciated.

theflyingbrick
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:55
im putting one on mine mate,i done it on my bmw and it made a big difference,i know its a different car but it was alot smoother on pick up and got rid of all hesitation higher up the rev range and just felt alot more responsive lower down aswell,i think its a good idea especially as youve got the walbro pumping alot faster than the standard one it wouldnt hurt to regulate it with a bit more accuracy and consistancy you get with the fse!! just make sure you fit a gauge aswell or it could go the wrong way!!

AndysR
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:56
Not really unless your able to fine tune your car to the degree that it would matter. Personally I'd say the standard Volvo pressure regulator does the job perfectly and is probably of a better quality than the adjustable versions. Also not forgetting that Russ runs a standard pressure regulator on the peril and that's running a much bigger set of injectors and higher boost pressure than any of us with perfect fueling levels.

claymore
Tuesday 11th October 2011, 07:00
i have one on mine, and the car didn't like it at all, I now just have it set manualy, but not rising under boost

Alan M
Tuesday 11th October 2011, 07:55
You wont need one if your standard regulator is working correctly. It will also cause fuel trim codes to appear with regularity if the car is not mapped to accomodate it. Just buy larger injectors and map to those if thats the way you want to go.

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 11th October 2011, 20:15
well thats me told lol im still learning about these bloody cars,it was alot easier when i drove a german car..but tbh not as rewarding :)

shrekblackR
Wednesday 12th October 2011, 20:07
na mate dont do it ,,,ok on N/A cars but as said these stock ones are great buddy ,

Saturday 15th October 2011, 21:00
I have seen many friends buy these over the years and unless you want your engine parts in a bin dont do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!