PDA

View Full Version : Injectors, Changing tips

merc85
Monday 10th October 2011, 20:58
Ok got a set of whites. Got bored tonight so id thought about changing the injectors in the 850 t5.

At 1st i put the injectors in the intake manifold complete with the Blue seals which suround the injectors.

I primed the rail and fuel pi**d out everywhere.

So i took the top seals off the orange injectors and put them on the white's.

I fitted the injectors into the intake then pushed the rail down on top.
(is this the correct way?) or should i put the injectors into the rail then push them into the manifold? i primed the rail and only number 4 leaked?

Obviously idealy ii'm getting new seals put should i put the injectors into the rail 1st then into the intake? or The other way round?

T5frankie
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:00
injectors should be all in the rail then pushed down all at once into the manifold

merc85
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:18
injectors should be all in the rail then pushed down all at once into the manifold

Thanks frankie, been down in garage since last post and thats exactly what ive just done.

Guess what NO LEAKS lol, and FK me she seems a lot smoother Not gonna say quicker cus you will laugh pmsl

volvo
Monday 10th October 2011, 22:20
lol

Mate, i heard its good practice to have the injectors 'cleaned/serviced' by people like jimathon, off here, and that makes a big difference too.....

AndysR
Monday 10th October 2011, 23:00
lol

Mate, i heard its good practice to have the injectors 'cleaned/serviced' by people like jimathon, off here, and that makes a big difference too.....

Solid advice there!

merc85
Monday 10th October 2011, 23:03
Solid advice there!

Oh Andy you were also right they click well lol sounds Good.