PDA

View Full Version : abs playing up again!!!!!!!

bigrotch
Thursday 6th October 2011, 08:30
had a prob with me abs, horrible feeling when pulling up to stop,felt like pump was tapping the pedal then it would go. checked and cleaned abs rings got a refurbed abs pump and ecu which seemed to sort it, but same prob is back, think the new fluid and having pump changed and brakes bleed just hid the problem for a little while!!!!!!!!! so abs sensors or new seals on the fluid header posibley, someideas please peeps

p fandango
Thursday 6th October 2011, 09:40
was the ecu second hand?
Is the abs light on?
Even if not have you read the codes?

bigrotch
Thursday 6th October 2011, 10:48
the abs ecu was 2nd hand but was resolded etc and only couple of mnts ago (alan m) havent got a code reader. the abs light and tracs off light stayed on this morning then went off after a while !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rev. Dick Deluxe
Thursday 6th October 2011, 11:43
That symptom you describe is normally caused by one of the speed sensors reading different to the others. Have you checked your tyre pressures because i've known an under inflated tyre to cause this problem. Other than that check for any damaged teeth on the abs rings, cracks in the rings, air gap too big, incorrect tyre size.
If you know anyone with an oscilloscope you can hook it up to the sensors and that should show up any problems straight away.

Flatout Phil
Thursday 6th October 2011, 11:52
One ABS curiosity I have had on both my T5 is a tendency for the light to come on if I am sat in a queue with my foot on and off brake creeping along. But I am having the same pedal farting from time to time myself. Annoying.

bigrotch
Thursday 6th October 2011, 12:01
Man u just made me relise I've got a odd size tyre on front Gggggrrrr ones a 55 other 50 time to change mite be gettin new wheels at weekend but will change it with spare will let ya know how it gos all me abs rings are good

Rev. Dick Deluxe
Thursday 6th October 2011, 17:00
Man u just made me relise I've got a odd size tyre on front Gggggrrrr ones a 55 other 50 time to change mite be gettin new wheels at weekend but will change it with spare will let ya know how it gos all me abs rings are good

I reckon you've found the problem there then. The difference in rolling radius is whats causing the module to freak out.