PDA

View Full Version : weekend jobs - pcv system

Yorkshiresxi
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:00
So weekend job started....removing the inlet manifold as per http://www.lakesidedp.com/uploadpics/pcv/
it went really well until...i snaped a outlet of the vac tree then it took me ten minutes to undo the bolt that holds the dip stick on...lol
o well theres always sunday
then i can clean the pcv system, replace all the vac pipes then maybe..just maybe i can get 17psi!
o and fix the vac tree some how..any advice in anything i am doing?
thanks

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:07
Vac tree....just put a little screw in the snapped bit to make it air tight and use another for the pipe plenty spare.

For the dip stick bolt and mani bolt underneath the easiest way is to get as many extenstions as you can and you can reach it with the rachet below the level of the sub-frame makes it very easy then :)

Yorkshiresxi
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:17
yeah i did end up getting it out in the end...1/4" 12mm, long long ext arm, then my 3/8" snap on gun on it and in the end it came off....
so i am thinking, pcv off, wash out all pipes etc, replace pipes with some silicone hose i have, then put it in to a oil catch tank, but the tank i bought has two pipes at the top, and one on the bottom, so unsure how i am ment to plumb it up, its one of these...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POLISHED-OIL-CATCH-TANK-SAAB-95-TURBO-VOLVO-T4-T5-V70-/400246688427?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d308fcaab

Jamest5r
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:24
Dont know about the bottom pipe but useful for draining the gunk out have you got a bung for it?, re the top, just run one pipe from the pcv into it and the other ive run a long pipe down under the car about half way.

Yorkshiresxi
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:30
brilliant, thank youuu

Yorkshiresxi
Sunday 9th October 2011, 17:22
well update for you all....spent a hour out there today - manifold off, pcv off * very clean in there to be honest, would just replace it but since i snapped the bloody box as didnt see the send nut on the box now need a new one.
So now i have to work what to do, i have a oil catch tank - so do i pipe everything in to that and sack the black box off, thus meaning i dont have to fit a vac pipe to the inlet manifold....or buy a new pcv system and use the oil catch tank were the ptc nipple goes in to the inlet!
grrrr why am i so impatient!
O also would you guys replace the o ring style thing thats at the bottom of the dip stick as its been moved around etc and removed ?
thanks

Jamest5r
Sunday 9th October 2011, 17:30
Ive got about 5 of those black boxes lying around if you want one? just cover the postage.

Yorkshiresxi
Sunday 9th October 2011, 17:31
pmed - in a min..lol