PDA

View Full Version : Rica here I come

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 11:04
Going to Volvo Tuning on friday and I cant wait . Anybody out there had any problems after fitting apart from getting through front tyres a bit quicker?
What improvements in fuel economy can i expect?
Do you lose any low down turbo lag?

Justin
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 11:33
Hi mate, good for you, a few mpg more i get, NO lag at all, 2500rpm ya need to hold the wheel tight and get used to the new power.

:)

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 11:49
Hi mate, good for you, a few mpg more i get, NO lag at all, 2500rpm ya need to hold the wheel tight and get used to the new power.

Sounds Very good to me , Cant wait

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 11:56
And you get to hang out with me for the Day. Not sure if that is a bonus :rolleyes:

What time are you getting up here?

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 12:40
And you get to hang out with me for the Day. Not sure if that is a bonus :rolleyes:

What time are you getting up here?
That shall be sound m8 , should be there for around 9.40-as I need to be there for 10.
Are we still going for the harveter/brewster A38 bromsgrove off junction 1 m42 ?

Mrsmopp
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 14:23
TORQUE STEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

x

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 14:30
That shall be sound m8 , should be there for around 9.40-as I need to be there for 10.
Are we still going for the harveter/brewster A38 bromsgrove off junction 1 m42 ?

Yeah - meet you there at agreed time. Laters

Only problem is mine will be unable to keep up b4 or after you've had your's done :confused:

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 14:45
Yeah - meet you there at agreed time. Laters

Only problem is mine will be unable to keep up b4 or after you've had your's done :confused:
I can drive slow 4 u , I take it you havent found the fault yet then?

Justin
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 14:53
I think he has an empty coke bottle stuck under his accelerator, thats all lol :D

GuyD5
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 20:01
As a man who returned to complain that his RICA upgrade appeared to be deteriorating and suffered the sight of Adam reaching into the driver's footwell and pulling back the Halford's 'Best Quality' Mat from under the accelerator pedal .... I can relate to anyone who may have a coke bottle in a similar position :o

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 21:27
As a man who returned to complain that his RICA upgrade appeared to be deteriorating and suffered the sight of Adam reaching into the driver's footwell and pulling back the Halford's 'Best Quality' Mat from under the accelerator pedal .... I can relate to anyone who may have a coke bottle in a similar position :o

lol you didnt have to admit that one ;)

GuyD5
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 21:38
lol you didnt have to admit that one ;)

talk about embarrassed :o just wished the ground would open up under me :)
anyway, my Dad always told me that honesty was the best policy and I worry that if Adam had seen I'm posting here he may have just shared it with you all, so I got in first ;)

lance
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 22:04
talk about embarrassed :o just wished the ground would open up under me :)
anyway, my Dad always told me that honesty was the best policy and I worry that if Adam had seen I'm posting here he may have just shared it with you all, so I got in first ;)
I quite agree looking forward to meeting u and your riccad v70 in the future.
I will be at the pod on the 19th :cool:

GuyD5
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 22:12
I will be at the pod on the 19th :cool:

I can't make this weekend because of babysitting duties in North Yorkshire, but I'll certainly try and keep the 19th free .... it'll scare the poor thing to death ... never been over 70 in her ... your worships ... hopefully see you there :)

Justin
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 22:14
Sounds good mate, hope you can make it, we normally go in convoy unless we are staying at the hotel overnight.

GuyD5
Tuesday 31st August 2004, 22:44
Thanks Justin ... I'll keep an eye out for final details and hopefully see you all then :)

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 1st September 2004, 02:14
I can't make this weekend because of babysitting duties in North Yorkshire, but I'll certainly try and keep the 19th free .... it'll scare the poor thing to death ... never been over 70 in her ... your worships ... hopefully see you there :)

and so the corruption begins. I dont have a coke bottle trapped - just my baby is a bit poorly at the mo and VT are on the case!

lance
Thursday 2nd September 2004, 15:02
and so the corruption begins. I dont have a coke bottle trapped - just my baby is a bit poorly at the mo and VT are on the case!

Nearley ther mate clock tickin :thewave:

lance
Friday 3rd September 2004, 19:08
All done and dusted running like a dream more flexible and it throws you back in the seat at 120mph lovein it . :thewave:

Mrsmopp
Friday 3rd September 2004, 20:32
I take it your pleased then Hun! :wink: :cool:

x

Wobbly Dave
Friday 3rd September 2004, 22:35
I very much enjoyed the company for the day and VT enjoyed my donut donation (especially Adam). I helped a bit with MOT car moving/transport and then after we were all done and dusted - headed over to Justin's shop for tea and a natter. Much fun - great day out and I think (despite the King Size hole in his wallet) Lance was very pleased with the result. And the sun shone too.

lance
Sunday 5th September 2004, 00:09
I very much enjoyed the company for the day and VT enjoyed my donut donation (especially Adam). I helped a bit with MOT car moving/transport and then after we were all done and dusted - headed over to Justin's shop for tea and a natter. Much fun - great day out and I think (despite the King Size hole in his wallet) Lance was very pleased with the result. And the sun shone too.

Cheers Dave. I enjoyed the day very much thankyou!

Very very pleased with Ricca but have learnt to respect it today though, after breifly hitting a small natural hill on a double track private road and landing in a flex before a bend luckily retrieved quickly with a bit of road to play with( i will try not to do that again)
. It is now pulling very hard at 140 and shoves you back in the seat at 120 fuel consumption is worse but I think its my right foot expierimenting and enjoying the motor more are to blame.It just seems to get better. Im sure I will get back to better fuel consumption once I lay off throtle in day to day running. Now the black beast feels unleased . Black beautys on supper steriods!!! wo hoo!!

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 5th September 2004, 00:17
consumption is worse when you boot it. That is to be expected - because "the gloves are off". When you get out of playing with it (in about 2 months) you can notice a marked improvement, if you are sensible.??

lance
Sunday 5th September 2004, 00:29
consumption is worse when you boot it. That is to be expected - because "the gloves are off". When you get out of playing with it (in about 2 months) you can notice a marked improvement, if you are sensible.??

Cool, that sounds about right.
I was still doin 3o-32 on M way back but a lot of traffic ,its droped to 22-23ave after knocking around and having fun a lot! So I cant grumble at all!

Mrsmopp
Sunday 5th September 2004, 12:16
Black beautys on supper steriods!!! wo hoo!!

Looks like you got her name covered!!!

Bigger and better times at the pod then?

x

lance
Monday 6th September 2004, 09:24
Looks like you got her name covered!!!

Bigger and better times at the pod then?

x
Im not allowed to name her and Dave called her black beauty on one of his pics, as you know Dave says ,the ladies must name car!

Lookin forward to the pod with smaller quicker times .
:thewave:

Wobbly Dave
Monday 6th September 2004, 09:41
Not guilty your honour I used "black beauty" as a caption - therefore I have not named her. That was just the title for the photo. :shifty:

lance
Monday 6th September 2004, 10:35
Not guilty your honour I used "black beauty" as a caption - therefore I have not named her. That was just the title for the photo. :shifty:
No worries M8 :eek: