PDA

View Full Version : ME7 manifold Now fitted

merc85
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:37

Hi there people, Just a update on my moose, I'm sure you all have heard about my Boost leak. (Turbo Housing serverly Cracked) I decided since the Turbo etc was all off to fit a Me7 Manifold.

Just waiting for a Turbo Housing Happy Days

claymore
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:40
I'm surprised you didn't get the turbo today

M-R-P
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:43
What ME7 is the mani from? doesn't look like mine, or s60r.
Fair play, getting a few mods in ready for the new swirly-box fitted ;)

EDIT I just worked out what angle the pic is from, it does look like mine :)

merc85
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:45
I'm surprised you didn't get the turbo today

Dont worry buddy, we have lazy postman around here lol, i'm sure it will be tomorrow of Monday, Really apreciate your kind gesture buddy.

And will definatly buy you a Good drink when we meet up.

claymore
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:46
make sure you wear gloves before you unpack it, I didn't clean it, so it's covered in oil....lol

merc85
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:48
What ME7 is the mani from? doesn't look like mine, or s60r.
Fair play, getting a few mods in ready for the new swirly-box fitted ;)

EDIT I just worked out what angle the pic is from, it does look like mine :)

It's from a 2003 v70 t5, The exhaust to Turbo Port is a little larger that my early Concol one.

Also the chamber's in the exhaust port/turbo section are T shaped and larger for a better flow.

Painted it before fitment in VHT red. Not sure how long that will last tho lol

M-R-P
Friday 30th September 2011, 20:50
It's from a 2003 v70 t5, The exhaust to Turbo Port is a little larger that my early Concol one.

Also the chamber's in the exhaust port/turbo section are T shaped and larger for a better flow.

Painted it before fitment in VHT red. Not sure how long that will last tho lol

EDIT AGAIN... 2003 V70 T-5? it's exactly the same as mine then! - good choice;)

AndysR
Friday 30th September 2011, 22:40
Bet your itching to get down the road for a blast now Gav..

Jim S70R
Friday 30th September 2011, 22:43
Looking good buddy, do think the paint will last??

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:01
Bet your itching to get down the road for a blast now Gav..

Yes.... lol Bloomin cant wait, think i may be dissapointed because i'm that het up about it lol, seeing the state of the last housing and manifold which was also really bad,

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:03
Looking good buddy, do think the paint will last??

Well, i do drive it hard, and i've given 4 coats, it's had loads of time to dry but!!

I think a blast down the road will see lots of smoke coming ut from the bonnet (Burnt Paint) doh!!

it's vht upto 650 degrees (c) Not enough me thinks.

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:05
Realy thinking (££££££) lol go for a bigger turbo and injector's then a map.

or do i stay with the 15g and get the whole set up mapped?

and by who, i've no idea where to take her?

Still runing a remappped ecu from my auto, does tis impare any performance?

M-R-P
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:16
Well, i do drive it hard, and i've given 4 coats, it's had loads of time to dry but!!

I think a blast down the road will see lots of smoke coming ut from the bonnet (Burnt Paint) doh!!

it's vht upto 650 degrees (c) Not enough me thinks.

I'm rather fond of a paint called Galvtec cold galv zinc spray, heat resistant to 1000 degrees and inhibits rust.

Realy thinking (££££££) lol go for a bigger turbo and injector's then a map.

or do i stay with the 15g and get the whole set up mapped?

and by who, i've no idea where to take her?

Still runing a remappped ecu from my auto, does tis impare any performance?

It would be worth finding out what the old map was set up for - turbo, injectors exhaust etc. or if it was an off-the-shelf job.

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:24
I'm rather fond of a paint called Galvtec cold galv zinc spray, heat resistant to 1000 degrees and inhibits rust.

It would be worth finding out what the old map was set up for - turbo, injectors exhaust etc. or if it was an off-the-shelf job.

Hlm off the shelf, possible gains to be had?? dunno

M-R-P
Saturday 1st October 2011, 00:28
Hlm off the shelf, possible gains to be had?? dunno

See what you get from your new turbo and mani (use copperslip on the bolts so you can get it off if you don't like it) You will probably find it better to start with then start tinkering. :)

claymore
Saturday 1st October 2011, 08:20
I was running the 15g with a hlm map and manual boost controller you'll love it,

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 19:38
I was running the 15g with a hlm map and manual boost controller you'll love it,

Doh Really apreciate you time sending the turbo buddy, But it is cracked Doh! One across the wastgate port, then across the exhaust centre port.

This seems a dam Coman Problem, Surly i cant be the only one who has come accross this?

Ive now 4 Cracked exhaust turbo's and 3 Cracked Exhaust manifolds,

Begening to be out off spending out a lot off dollar on a 2nd hand turbo now.

Dam should i go New and bite the bullet, Or does someone have a Good 16t upwards secondhand Turbo for sale.

But thanks again everyone for sending the units, Claymore when we meet i will bring your unit wiv me for you.

It must have cost a fortune to post. Thankyou again.

t5 pete
Saturday 1st October 2011, 19:43
You will find that many have hair line cracks in the casting these days, personally if i were you ide buy a new one rufe does a good discount for volvo them selfs and if you think about it in the long run its deffinatly the best way to go.

claymore
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:03
I can tell you that the turbo performed faultlessly and would hold 22psi with the supercharger, I would have no qualms in fitting it, if your loosing boost from the other turbos and they look like the one I sent you, then you seriously need to look at a major boost leak somewhere else, for the sake of a couple of hours I would fit it and see what happens, there have been plenty of people who have seen how the car went with that turbo, it managed a 14.8 at avon so there can't be much wrong with it. :)

merc85
Saturday 1st October 2011, 20:59
I can tell you that the turbo performed faultlessly and would hold 22psi with the supercharger, I would have no qualms in fitting it, if your loosing boost from the other turbos and they look like the one I sent you, then you seriously need to look at a major boost leak somewhere else, for the sake of a couple of hours I would fit it and see what happens, there have been plenty of people who have seen how the car went with that turbo, it managed a 14.8 at avon so there can't be much wrong with it. :)

Enough said, i'm fitting the housing tomorrow, lol