PDA

View Full Version : I've lost the horn! HELP!!!

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:27
This is looking irritating, I have a fully working pair of horns (well, they were last night) - each working off a relay in the original horn circuit but running on separate 12v power-circuit because one is a Stebel Nautilus air horn, the other is a Stebel Magnum bass tone (makes a nice b-flat chord :)). The fuse on the horn-push circuit is fine, and all other items on that fuse work. I can't hear any relay clicking which would suggest that something is awry between the horn-push and this side of the relays. Any ideas?

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy193/charliepippin/Ahorn.jpg

p fandango
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:30
i'd try another relay, i've had quite a few back in on me

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:38
Relays for sure. Just get a dirty big one, then you won't have to worry about it packing up! ;)

claymore
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:45
I thought it was common for the horn push to fail on the 850's, I've just put a seperate push button on mine

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:47
I don't think both relays would have failed when they were fine last night - it hasn't rained. I am wondering if it is the horn-push...how do I get to it?

PHIL V70R
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 17:11
if you need a hand with your horn i will be over your way 2 moz..i can get most things 2 work..my hands are soft as you no.....

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 18:26
if you need a hand with your horn i will be over your way 2 moz..i can get most things 2 work..my hands are soft as you no.....

Oooer! But seriously, help would be good but tomorrow is a busy one at work with mother in law in hospital have to hold fort with kids so probably a tad tricky unfortunately. What a nice offer.

t5 stealth
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 19:40
its usualy the ribbon and wire under the steering wheel,
air bag off,wheel off,then the wire is in the back of the steering wheel,try the wire 1st cos the ribbon part is hundred quid plus,
easy to change,but costly if ribbon,but in my experience its usually just the little black wire which contacts the ribbon,clean the ribbon surface (brass track) before you refit it all.;