PDA

View Full Version : 850 R red auto

DaveC19
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 14:18
Hi All. Been looking for an 850R estate for a while without much success.
Came across this:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/170702718874?ru=h...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
But not knowing much about these cars I dunno if its good, great or just a dog.
Perhaps some of you on here with expertise in these motors can offer an opinion before I dive in and waste money. Would be much appreciated.
(it didn't sell first time round and has been relisted).
Ta muchly !!

M-R-P
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 15:35
Greetings, nice collection you have there. Having had a brief look at your link all I can say is I don't like the interior, but that's just my opinion. You could always go have a look, take it for a spin, listen for knocks and rattles then check the oil filler cap for smoke under it.

volvo
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 15:40
I think that car may have been relisted more than once mate....question is, why?? Would take a thorough look over it and of course do the HPI checks etc

p fandango
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 16:11
i noticed feedback from another red 850R being broken from the seller, question would be what did he buy

DaveC19
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 17:21
Greetings, nice collection you have there. Having had a brief look at your link all I can say is I don't like the interior, but that's just my opinion. You could always go have a look, take it for a spin, listen for knocks and rattles then check the oil filler cap for smoke under it.

That would be the thing to do - but I have to fly over from Cork (which is a bit expensive if its no good :( )

dalhousie2008
Wednesday 28th September 2011, 19:09
Hi that car has been up for sale for weeks!!! It started much higher and from what i gather had no interest, i was gonna put in a cheeky offer, but i paid £1100 for a t5r with 140,000 on the clock full Volvo history and just had £2000 spent on it new cambelt, water pump, discs and calipers on all corners, top mounts, new pns auto gearbox switch tyres etc, few marks on the body but nothing bad, just parking things and i am over critical

So i think this is really a little high