PDA

View Full Version : Brake question

Happygilmore78
Monday 26th September 2011, 17:29
Put different calipers, discs an Pads on the fronts, but my front right wheel is still making a shooshing sound while braking, just like it did before I changed them.

Any ideas what could cause it?

Done some heavy breaking and getting s blueing on the discs evenly it seems and a bit of smoke as I assume the oil coating burns off fully but still making the shooshing sound.

Got the backs to do next weekend, hopefully be less stubborn :) and looking a lot better in matt black instead of red

t5 stealth
Monday 26th September 2011, 18:40
back plate touching inside of the disc maybe.....
can you see any marks of touching on the calipers,
ie wheel on caliper....

Happygilmore78
Monday 26th September 2011, 21:16
No bud, no marks on caliper but never thought about back plate, would this cause the sound under braking?

t5 stealth
Monday 26th September 2011, 22:15
not usually lol,
but as things warm up anything is possible ,
have you jacked up the side that does it and spun the wheel manually,
maybe that will throw some light on it

merc85
Monday 26th September 2011, 22:47
as posted above Back plate would be 1st port of call, But you should really clean that grease off the new disc's 1st with brake cleaner 1st before fitment buddy.

Happygilmore78
Tuesday 27th September 2011, 09:11
Ha ha, i know - was a stupid mistake as was a bit peeved that it took hours to get one bolt off - and didnt realise until there was an apache smoke signal coming from arch.

Wheel spins freely, nothing catching - brakes seem to be even, just seems to be making this noise from the right wheel.

Will have a look at the backplate when I get a chance then and see if that is to close or bent.

Happygilmore78
Thursday 29th September 2011, 14:42
Just thought, could it actually be the backs? sounds like the front - but know sounds travel etc when driving and havent done the backs yet.

Obviously if it goes after doing hopefully this weekend, I will know, but just wondering