PDA

View Full Version : bumper and trim

donny
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 17:26
hi guys,can anyone help me on this one.i always keep my car clean and wash it every week.i always slick the tyres and use bumper cleaner on it which looks good for say a week then back to a off black/grey.iv tried a few ones now like auto glym,merguires,zymol etc.is there a dye you can buy to bring them up nicely and darken them for a longer period of time rather than a few week tops?

M-R-P
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 17:31
A tip I got off someone on this forum... Black boot polish, the sort that comes with an applicator sponge. Sponge it on (I spat on the sponge to make it go a bit runny) then give it a scrub with a boot brush to work it into the texture then wipe off any excess.
I did mine 2 months ago and it's only just started to fade.
HTH

donny
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 17:34
i never thought of that,iv got a load in the house aswell.

M-R-P
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 17:38
Brought mine up a treat! :)
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/IMG00141-20110829-1149.jpg
Ahem, 'scuse the dirty alloys!;)

pookie
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 23:10
Wurth plastic dye. The dog's b*****ks. Black or grey. Expensive but worth every penny. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Salut!

Pookie

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii245/pookiet5/P1010076.jpg

Wobbly Dave
Friday 23rd September 2011, 12:18
I use Chemical Guys products - New look trim gel - can't really say how long it will last. I did Judgenija's outside trim with it at TRAX so ask him if it still looks good.

donny
Friday 23rd September 2011, 13:02
after looking at your trim im ordering some of that wurth dye off good old ebay now.its a bit pricey but worth it by the look of it.

Peanut1
Friday 2nd December 2011, 22:03
Best way seriously, is to use a heat gun on low setting and just run it slowly over the plastics but not too close! It basically pulls the oils out of the plastic and recolours them nice n black! The reason they go grey is because they lose their oil on the surface from day to day exposure, washing etc!