PDA

View Full Version : silicon boost hoses

Shadow
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 03:21
im looking for some silicon boost hoses to fit the volvo RIP kit. The standard rubber ones that came with the kit are oil contaminated and have went soft and mushy and they keep blowing apart no mater how hard i tighten the clips.

p fandango
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 07:47
im looking for some silicon boost hoses to fit the volvo RIP kit. The standard rubber ones that came with the kit are oil contaminated and have went soft and mushy and they keep blowing apart no mater how hard i tighten the clips.
theirs not a kit to go with the Volvo RIP, but think its Roose Sport do the intercooler to top hose in silicone

Shadow
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 13:08
not sure if im on the right site but they don't even have volvo listed on there web page.

have been looking at your project thread and WOW you must have the lightest 850 ever surprised it not blown away the way the weather been.

p fandango
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 16:14
not sure if im on the right site but they don't even have volvo listed on there web page.

have been looking at your project thread and WOW you must have the lightest 850 ever surprised it not blown away the way the weather been.
tbh i've no idea on the contact details for them, i've only seen the name posted about

thanks for the comments on BT, she's had a good diet lol

Volvostorm
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 18:01
A la website! ;)

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/

Shadow
Friday 23rd September 2011, 03:40
Pault5estate A la website!

http://roosemotorsport.co.uk/

thanks for that paul. iv email them to see if/ how much there kit is.

orse
Monday 26th September 2011, 21:34
Did you get a reply from the company on the rip kit boost pipes?Thanks in advance

Shadow
Tuesday 27th September 2011, 18:47
this is the message i sent them.

hi. i looking for a hose kit for a volvo 850 t5r. it's to replace the rubber
hoses the come with the original volvo REVERSE INTER-COOLER PIPE (RIP) kit.
there are only 4 hoses in the kit the most complex one fits to the throttle
body. Could you get back to me with a price and how long they would take to
make and if you would do them for less if i could get a group buy on any of
the forums.

and this is the message i got back.

I would need the 4 here here to copy. Then I would need 10 orders.
We could do these straight away for you.

there is no mention of a price tho and they say that they need some original hoses to copy from but the ones i have will be no good as the are all distorted. i would need good originals to send to them but don't where to get any. Don't know what to do now.

Jamest5r
Tuesday 27th September 2011, 19:55
Take your original pipe work to a alloy welding place and get them to make them up in full length then you only need a small conecting piece of silicone at each end :)

Redbrick
Tuesday 27th September 2011, 20:00
I made up all the required pipes from silconehose.com when I replaced mine. Wasn't cheap though once I added up all the bits I didn't end up using!
Or order the pipes from a Volvo dealer or Rufe. Your not going to see any benefit in silicone over new Volvo ones in a 'normal' application.

Shadow
Wednesday 4th January 2012, 23:30
diggin up an old one. I eventually managed to make contact with roose motorsport through ebay of all places as they didnt get back to me after the last email they sent me. they said that the only boost hose they make for the 850 is the top S shaped hose with a 63 mm internal diameter and it was £47.50 delivered and it could be made in any color adn that it would take about 5 days to make. i have ordered one in red so il put up some pic's when it arives.

also when i was asking about the color's avalible i told them that i had the radiator hoses in red that they made and they sayed the they don't make radiator hoses for volvo's yet the hoses i have have there name on them. does anyone else have the radiator hose made by them.

p fandango
Thursday 5th January 2012, 06:02
sounds like someone's either robbed hoses out of another kit Roose make, intended for another car or used universal bits

Shadow
Thursday 5th January 2012, 16:30
sounds like someone's either robbed hoses out of another kit Roose make, intended for another car or used universal bits

but the hoses are the exact same as the orignals. they are all one piece and are the right shape. mmm maybe someone is making knock offs.

Volvostorm
Thursday 5th January 2012, 18:52
also when i was asking about the color's avalible i told them that i had the radiator hoses in red that they made and they sayed the they don't make radiator hoses for volvo's yet the hoses i have have there name on them. does anyone else have the radiator hose made by them.

You was probably talking to a kid who can't see any other car apart from a Saxo!