PDA

View Full Version : Doing my head in... Still...

silverswedemachine
Wednesday 21st September 2011, 22:38
I doubt anyone remembers my thread a few months ago where i went on about a chattering coming from the near side rear wheel, well any way it chatters mostly between 70-80, it is very bad and and on some runs the vibration from it actually hurts you from the seat bolster repeatley kickin you in the kidneys... Also it doesnt like bumps where the suspension has to react fast like potholes, it feels very loose, bouncy... Well in the last few months, i have tried a couple of things to which it has made feck all difference...

Had a new tyre
Got tyre re-balanced
Swapped wheels over side to side
Changed strut tops
Changed dampers

I am now thinkin the main axle bushes are to blame, i have changed the axle once cos of a inside bush that had gone... Any one experienced this before and do people agree on the axle bush's???

james
Wednesday 21st September 2011, 22:51
hi is your car an estate? mine did this and it turned out to be the torsion rear wheel steer bushes

nobananas
Wednesday 21st September 2011, 22:53
I would have though that if it were one of the axle bushes that made the vehicle shake and vibrate and make that much noise it would be quite obvious that they were knackered if you checked them over/ levered them.

PHIL V70R
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 14:16
rear axle bush mate just doing mine at the mo..

silverswedemachine
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 20:06
I have had a look at them, they dont look to bad, i have also lent/levered/pushed/poked and every thing else, its hard to tell tho what kinda movement i should be getting... Well i know they are getting on abit now...

Phil where and how much have you payed for yours?? I take it they are from volvo??

PHIL V70R
Thursday 22nd September 2011, 22:58
hi mate £49 all in mate got it from a mate who works at a car parts place that has volvo..best bit of kit is the tool 2 do it with lol..as its a bitch 2 do with out..