PDA

View Full Version : Turbo help

dalhousie2008
Thursday 15th September 2011, 21:34
Hi all after a long time I have just brought a standard t5r, having had when nearly new many years ago an 850r, t5 and t4. Any how just doing routine stuff pct valve when I felt end float and up and down movement on turbo shaft. Does anybody know how much there should be? Also just brought an angle exit turbo 16t from an me7.

Obviously mine is prob straight exit turbo, do I use down pipe from me7? Will it meet straight up or do I cut the me7 flange and curve then weld it on to my existing down pipe and cat.

It's my daily driver so just after simple fix as of now and it's all standard.

But I'll be moving at end of month to a new house with parking for another 3 t5 etc, so will be looking at tuning one yay!!!

Any how hope you guys can help.

Cheers guys

dalhousie2008
Thursday 15th September 2011, 21:34
P.s is it a nightmare to change the turbo?

leet5r
Friday 16th September 2011, 18:02
ya willl need the me7 downpipe aswell to mate up with the 16t turbo , to change the turbo it isnt hard at all but to a novice probs a total nytmare

dalhousie2008
Friday 16th September 2011, 18:06
Thanks, just got it back from having the breathers done, mech seems to think it will last a while, but have a spare now just incase

cheers

Niles
Friday 16th September 2011, 18:09
T5R = 99% chance its got a conical outlet. hence.....16T with straight outlet = need matching downpipe.