PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky heater blower

RPM
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 22:39
Anyone know of a quick fix to stop my heater blower squeaking before I start taking the dash to bits?

1995 850 t5 saloon.

Thanks

Louie
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 22:56
The motor sits behind the glove box. Once the glovebox is taken out its 4 screws to get the motor off. Then with a bit of a wobble etc you can take it out and clean it. Not sure on greasing or oiling as I have had bad experiences with motors in the past. (Touching bushes and blowing myself 6 foot across factory). lol. ooops. There's a starting point for you mate.

Just to add I also have the haynes manual for the car mate. (Back hardback cover missing) Will post this too you as I have no use for it now. :(,

RPM
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 23:05
The motor sits behind the glove box. Once the glovebox is taken out its 4 screws to get the motor off. Then with a bit of a wobble etc you can take it out and clean it. Not sure on greasing or oiling as I have had bad experiences with motors in the past. (Touching bushes and blowing myself 6 foot across factory). lol. ooops. There's a starting point for you mate.

Just to add I also have the haynes manual for the car mate. (Back hardback cover missing) Will post this too you as I have no use for it now. :(,

Thanks for that. Gonna get some tools out this weekend.
The mrs broke down in her 944 the other day.
Only needs a new coil but it's an excuse to get under the bonnet.

Haynes manual would help too.

Louie
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 23:18
Thanks for that. Gonna get some tools out this weekend.
The mrs broke down in her 944 the other day.
Only needs a new coil but it's an excuse to get under the bonnet.

Haynes manual would help too.

LOL. No worries. it's a shame to here the 944 needs work. Looked really good when you came for the car. Can't beat good old fashioned engines. :)

TenaciousC
Friday 16th September 2011, 07:06
there is a lubrication hole in the fan unit. You just need to take the glovebox out. You shouldn't need to remove anything else. Just need to adapt your oil can to deliver oil into the hole. I used a combination of a plastic tube and some electrical wire insulation to get a tube of the right size!

Someone also recommended using gun oil rather that 3 in 1.

See this thread http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10275

Cheers
C

Quicksilver
Monday 19th September 2011, 18:29
I took mine out and lubricated it and when I put it back in the it wouldn't run and threw up error lights on the climite control, had to take it out again and run it at full speed off a battery a couple of times and it was fine.