PDA

View Full Version : One to Watch!

merc85
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:40
Water leak bottom of turbo, ie Water feed to turbo pipe had split!

Thank God the car was Stationary in my garage when it happened. What a SH&T job to do replace a small piece of hose.

Lucky enough i had a spare water hose off my spare engine lol.

Volvo 850 t5 manual

smithson007
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:48
Your not having much luck with the car at the min mate. Hope you get it all sorted soon before you splash petrol on it and set fire to it. Lol.

merc85
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:59
Your not having much luck with the car at the min mate. Hope you get it all sorted soon before you splash petrol on it and set fire to it. Lol.

Tell me about it lol, Honestly it's gettin a real nice car now, and bloody rapid, just all the weak links are going as the boost and miles rack up.

She's gettin there, but costing me a furtune, i'm leaning alot though.

I reckon she stands me in at 2,5K lol hey hoy cant stop now tho right? lol

smithson007
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 00:03
Yes should be well worth it en the end mate. Need to get myne running now. Ever since we found the BCS was plumbed up wrongly and put it right she aint be running right. Now when a nail it she wont bost properly sometimes then other times shes fine. time to start spending some pennys.

Theyre addictive once you start playing about with them. Lol.

merc85
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 00:09
Put a Mbc in, and do away with the bcs, but leave it plugged in or it will through a cel.

Just get a cheap 1 to try 1st, see what happens.

smithson007
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 00:14
Yes was kind of thinking along those lines. Im sure it's got to be something to do with the BCS as it was running fine before hand unless the extra boost has shown up a few other problems. Going to do plugs, leads, dizzy cap and arm at weekend. Cant find any recent history of these been done.

Flatout Phil
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 12:42
I had that happen on my old T5 - mercifully I had just pulled onto the drive. Stupid place to have a hose because it suffers incredible heat.

james
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 13:54
Water leak bottom of turbo, ie Water feed to turbo pipe had split!

Thank God the car was Stationary in my garage when it happened. What a SH&T job to do replace a small piece of hose.

Lucky enough i had a spare water hose off my spare engine lol.

Volvo 850 t5 manual

hi mate i keep meaning to change this piece of pipe for an uprated one , did you have to split the turbo to get it off and new one on?

merc85
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 14:03
hi mate i keep meaning to change this piece of pipe for an uprated one , did you have to split the turbo to get it off and new one on?

No buddy, although i had to renew the steel pipe as well as mine was bent, But if your just replacing the Rubber part its fiddly but ok if you take your time.

shrekblackR
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:30
gav use the red pipe i gave ya thats what ive got on mine as mine went to lol ,, might come see ya sunday buddy

merc85
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:47
gav use the red pipe i gave ya thats what ive got on mine as mine went to lol ,, might come see ya sunday buddy

Hi Bud thankyou again for the Valve, the spring was slightly on the c**k but have changed the bottom half, and she seems to be boosting alot better.

The red pipe wont go over the Large steel pipe to the main water way, Really apreciate you giving me the items Bud, just been having a run of Bad luck latly lol.

Yeah Sunday Good Buddy, I'm off all next week to, let me know if it's better. Thanks again.