PDA

View Full Version : Blanking Plate Completly Flat?

merc85
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:10
Hi there, is a Blanking plate completly flat accros the surface?

ie the Recirc cover is dished to accept the valve.

I've take the valve out and blanked the vac line. so it's sealed but the car will not boost higher than 5 psi?

With the valve in but not attached to the vac line the car boosts higher and gets boost chatter.

So, Is the Blanking plate flat all the way across? really need help on this one.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:32
Yes a Blanking plate is flat to stop the boost going from the pressure side to the intake side. Just fitting the recirc cover without a valve inside is basically in constant recirculation mode so thats why you're not getting any boost.

The recirc valve without the vac line fitted should not perform too well as the vac line provides a pressure to hold the valve closed (with the aid of the spring), without it connected only the spring will be holding the boost

merc85
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:34
Yes a Blanking plate is flat to stop the boost going from the pressure side to the intake side. Just fitting the recirc cover without a valve inside is basically in constant recirculation mode so thats why you're not getting any boost.

Really apreciate your reply and will help me alot, LOL just spent all bloomin evening sorting a water pipe leak out, and a vac leak Doh the wife aint happy! lol

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:37
Really apreciate your reply and will help me alot, LOL just spent all bloomin evening sorting a water pipe leak out, and a vac leak Doh the wife aint happy! lol
I know that feeling LOL. I remember helping a mate replace his gearbox in his ford, and when I got back home at around midnight I found that my turbo water pipe had sprung a bad leak, so I repaired it there and then and didn't get in until 1 ish, to a not very happy Mrs Bomb.

merc85
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 23:43
I know that feeling LOL. I remember helping a mate replace his gearbox in his ford, and when I got back home at around midnight I found that my turbo water pipe had sprung a bad leak, so I repaired it there and then and didn't get in until 1 ish, to a not very happy Mrs Bomb.

Errrr spooky lol it was the Rubber water pipe which had split! the one to the turbo! lol car was in my garage and had only just turned it off when it went lol could have been messy.

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 00:10
Yeah mine was the one on the bottom of the turbo too, I could hear the water running from it :(

I cut the damaged end off the pipe and fitted it back on. It worked great, right up until the other end of the pipe split an day later. Problem is that the pipe is bent and each end is a different size. I did managed to find a temporary pipe (that leaked a bit), but I had to order a proper one from Rufe for a few quid.

Seems like they are a common failure being so close to the turbo and down the back of the engine, and after 15 years....

shrekblackR
Thursday 15th September 2011, 20:37
gav just buy a blanking plate you tight arss lollollol

merc85
Friday 16th September 2011, 00:23
gav just buy a blanking plate you tight arss lollollol

Have done, Problem solved spiked 21psi lol, now set at 18psi pmsl