PDA

View Full Version : Look at this beauty

dave stew
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:08
Perfect spec, age, colour... really want it!
http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-cars/volvo/v70/2.5-r-5-dr/2005-%2805%29/ref/arndy-1467/

p fandango
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:10
£11k, do you think he'll get it? Do like the colours tho

dave stew
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:13
Chop mine in for 2,500 and find 8k behind the back of sofa...

JT
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:15
I liked it till I saw the colour of the leather!!:wtf:

lol

t5_monkey
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 20:52
The Right spec and looks very tasty - still a bit pricey IMHO, for a 6 year old one anyway.

and ... the dreaded Arnold Clark - you just know it'll burst into a fireball as soon as you drive it off the forecourt :)

AndysR
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:08
Stunning perfect interior and exterior combo! Would like to see the 18's on it but that's my first choice on the colour scheme right there :)

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:11
dosent look as clean as it should in my opinion should be mint,,

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:14
Mine is only 2 years older (yes, it's not an R) and only worth about £1900 at best. I'd give 4k, tops.

AndysR
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:16
dosent look as clean as it should in my opinion should be mint,,

Must confess I wasn't impressed by the damaged wheels etc, but I was under the impression for the money that would be sorted...?

LiamT4
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:18
A bit too expensive and the s60/v70rs really should be on 18s, for me.

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:22
That is truly stunning, I would love one if I had the money... I really do mean that too.

Best colour combo too and wow... a manual! Makes a refreshing change :)

AndysR
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:24
That is truly stunning, I would love one if I had the money... I really do mean that too.

Best colour combo too and wow... a manual! Makes a refreshing change :)

Would it be wrong to revisit an old thread ;) lol

t5_monkey
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:25
like any Arnold Clark car... tatty around the edges, and about 30% too expensive

AndysR
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:26
like any Arnold Clark car... tatty around the edges, and about 30% too expensive

The Scot's are tight it can't be helped it's in the blood ;) lol

t5_monkey
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:27
The Scot's are tight it can't be helped it's in the blood ;) lol

IMHO EVERYTHING is about 30% too expensive nowadays :D

AndysR
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:40
IMHO EVERYTHING is about 30% too expensive nowadays :D

Sure your not just tight.... You are a Scot after all ;)

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:54
Would it be wrong to revisit an old thread ;) lol

No bring it on!!! :rotfl:

t5_monkey
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 21:59
I'm English! But I've been here 6 years... and gone native...

andyb1375
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:10
I thought that it should have had 18 inch pegs as standard! apart from that, what a motor !!

Santa
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:19
No not the orange interior!

Probably still worth £9.5k ish

Pliskin
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:22
Sorry but that interior is vomit inducing, oops, someone beat me to it.

dave stew
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 20:59
I must be a funny bugger then, cause I really like it!

andyb1375
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 21:16
Sorry but that interior is vomit inducing, oops, someone beat me to it.

I think that the orange interior is sweet!!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 21:42
I went in to have a drive of this car but it was sold. NEVER buy from AC there sales people are all donkeys. I've walked out there with a face like a smacked arse more times than i can remember!!!!

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 21:48
AC are the spawn of the devil... I've heard SO many horror stories from clients, and a recommendation NEVER to buy from them ( in confidence ) from a friend who is an AC employee!

Just say NO!

volvokid
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 21:56
AC are the spawn of the devil... I've heard SO many horror stories from clients, and a recommendation NEVER to buy from them ( in confidence ) from a friend who is an AC employee!

Just say NO!

The sales people are mostly un helpful and i usually get treated as though im a tire kicker even though i was 19 when i first turned up in a saffy R and even when i had a almost brand new C70 they still went to talk to other people before me.

So anyway I went in looking for that R and the salesman had very little clue he said he thought it was sold a couple of days ago, he went and found out and said yes i remember it getting sold now. WRONG it got transferred to another dealer were then it was sold. my dads a good digger ;)

He said what price range are you looking at I said 13-14K (totally lying out my rear im poor lol) and he said we have nothing here for you. ah i love feeling like the **** on there shoes. even if im sure i make a good bit more green than they do

t5_monkey
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 22:17
the Miracle is how they continue to be in business...

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 23:27
I really like it but the wheels are a bit tatty. The dale winton interior is awesome.

dave stew
Thursday 15th September 2011, 07:16
Never a fan of buying from dealers. It's that 'getting dressed for a job interview to be taken seriously' lark. Pathetic.

t5_monkey
Thursday 15th September 2011, 08:43
Main Dealers are some of the worst salesman I've ever come across, I've had people try harder to sell me a cup of coffee.

SKIDMARKS
Thursday 15th September 2011, 13:54
£260 year insurance ?.....yeh right

Dinger
Friday 16th September 2011, 20:19
My V70R AWD costs me £237 this year!!!!
Thats fully comp & Protected...but it does bugger all miles....

It will have to go soon as my new pickup will be arriving in a month or two.....so if anyone is interested PM me...(sensible offers)

Santa
Friday 16th September 2011, 20:44
The sales people are mostly un helpful and i usually get treated as though im a tire kicker even though i was 19 when i first turned up in a saffy R and even when i had a almost brand new C70 they still went to talk to other people before me.

So anyway I went in looking for that R and the salesman had very little clue he said he thought it was sold a couple of days ago, he went and found out and said yes i remember it getting sold now. WRONG it got transferred to another dealer were then it was sold. my dads a good digger ;)

He said what price range are you looking at I said 13-14K (totally lying out my rear im poor lol) and he said we have nothing here for you. ah i love feeling like the **** on there shoes. even if im sure i make a good bit more green than they do

I have the other issue, I usually get leaped on even though I usually go to car dealerships looking like a sack of ****

volvokid
Friday 16th September 2011, 20:46
Id like to get leaped on lol.

SomeBloke
Friday 16th September 2011, 21:24
I have the other issue, I usually get leaped on even though I usually go to car dealerships looking like a sack of ****

That's 'cos they think you'll buy any old crap and not know what you're looking at, also they'll get the commission on the loan you're obviously gonna need.
Better dressed usually means better educated, more likely to know what you're looking at, and more likely to have the money to buy it outright. They get the sale, maybe, but you are more work and lower commission, while they're dealing with your hard questions they could have processed two thickos.....

Santa
Friday 16th September 2011, 21:27
That's 'cos they think you'll buy any old crap and not know what you're looking at, also they'll get the commission on the loan you're obviously gonna need.
Better dressed usually means better educated, more likely to know what you're looking at, and more likely to have the money to buy it outright. They get the sale, maybe, but you are more work and lower commission, while they're dealing with your hard questions they could have processed two thickos.....

Going in a damn suit next time ;-)

burchi
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 13:15
I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole and if anyone on here has bought it I wish them much luck...

It was previously owned by a guy called Orrin who was on here a bit at one time and who had experienced a catalogue of issues one of which was when the front diff (angle gear) seized on the M25 and had to be literally dragged onto a recovery truck.

I looked to buy this when I bought my R some 5 years back and it was a can of worms then too having been used as a Volvo Freedom Day demo car and had been ragged round tracks within an inch of death.

Am amazed it's still running. So, it may look a bit on the tatty side in places but that's just the tip of the iceberg!

T5R+
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 14:15
I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole ........

Thanks. Had not seen this thread until 5minutes ago.

Only this past weekend started dialogue over this exact vehicle.

Staurt @ AC, in the event that you are reading this. Now you may appreciate why I wanted a run down of the FSH........the fact that nobody could get into the safe is :shifty:

Jimmie
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 15:11
I wouldn't touch that car with a bargepole and if anyone on here has bought it I wish them much luck...

It was previously owned by a guy called Orrin who was on here a bit at one time and who had experienced a catalogue of issues one of which was when the front diff (angle gear) seized on the M25 and had to be literally dragged onto a recovery truck.

I looked to buy this when I bought my R some 5 years back and it was a can of worms then too having been used as a Volvo Freedom Day demo car and had been ragged round tracks within an inch of death.

Am amazed it's still running. So, it may look a bit on the tatty side in places but that's just the tip of the iceberg!

But do any of us know what a s/h motor has been used for in a previous ownership,even a private one owner with ?low? mileage and FSH.

T5R+ you should phone 01224249787/01224249777 and speak to Raymond Donald,Mike Johnstone and tell them of your experience with the branch.

volvokid
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 16:50
But do any of us know what a s/h motor has been used for in a previous ownership,even a private one owner with ?low? mileage and FSH.

T5R+ you should phone 01224249787/01224249777 and speak to Raymond Donald,Mike Johnstone and tell them of your experience with the branch.

Very true unless buying new, u never really know what your getting, hence why i hate buying cars

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 17:27
..... I don't like it..... but then again what's my opinion worth...

Santa
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 17:32
..... I don't like it..... but then again what's my opinion worth...

With inflation about 5% more than last year ;-)

JUDGENINJA
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 17:42
Might cost 5% more, but it is probably worth even less!!!

Santa
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 18:18
Might cost 5% more, but it is probably worth even less!!!

and with the possibilities of a double dip recession you might not be able to sell as much

Jimmie
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 19:19
Very true unless buying new, u never really know what your getting, hence why i hate buying cars

Even a brand new one might have been accident damaged then repaired before registration.
What was wrong with the price of this one, could any of you have bought cheaper with full warranty unless your in the trade?
Anything that has vat attached loses that as soon as you pay for it plus dep.

merc85
Tuesday 20th September 2011, 22:38
You can polish a turd...But it will always be a turd.

burchi
Wednesday 21st September 2011, 08:37
Even a brand new one might have been accident damaged then repaired before registration.
What was wrong with the price of this one, could any of you have bought cheaper with full warranty unless your in the trade?
Anything that has vat attached loses that as soon as you pay for it plus dep.

Yes but I'd be prepared to bet very few cars that are brand/nearly new or even 1 owner have had as hard a start to life as this one did given it's use as a Freedom Day Track car. The fact that when I went to see it when it was being sold on by Volvo and the rear diff was spewing out fluid and there was no AWD plus it didn't track straight when driving would kind of suggest this wasn't your average heavy use road car!

I wouldn't go near it whatever the price.

Jimmie
Friday 23rd September 2011, 11:51
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201136413388373/sort/priceasc/usedcars/body-type/estate/price-to/12000/price-from/4000/model/v70/make/volvo/postcode/ab439df/page/2/keywords/r/radius/1500?logcode=p

LeeT5
Tuesday 27th September 2011, 20:10
The car is still for sale. £9988.

For info, as someone mentioned, 18" or 17". They are both optional when at build. You can request either, so its hardly suprising to see as many with 17s as there are 18s. 17" will give you a less harsh ride but with the comprimise of not as good handling as 18s. 18s also look better, IMH.

I don't care what anyone says on here...looking at that car, despite its history, it has only done 50k!!! which means its still under dealer warranty. So who cares if the rear diff is shagged or the Bevel box is about to explode. I would buy it then take it straight to the dealer to have all the work done (FOC) + a full service. The interior is mint too - my personal favourite.

It looks like it has SAT NAV, but can't be sure as not listed in the spec.