PDA

View Full Version : Forge Recirc Valve Any Good?

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:32
Hi, Seriously thinking about one of these, are these any good?

Has/is anyone on here fitted/runing one?

Any help much apreciated

AndysR
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:35
Try this instead, no boost leaks no messing around just pure consistancy and a nice noise to boot :)

http://forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=160202&product=FMBPVRM

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:48
Try this instead, no boost leaks no messing around just pure consistancy and a nice noise to boot :)

http://forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=160202&product=FMBPVRM

But Andy, Dont i need to have a Dump Valve or Recirc Valve? surly if not it will kill my turbo?

AndysR
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:50
But Andy, Dont i need to have a Dump Valve or Recirc Valve? surly if not it will kill my turbo?

Only if it's dead in the first place, at the boost levels your car is running having a dump valve isn't really something you need to worry about.

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:54
Only if it's dead in the first place, at the boost levels your car is running having a dump valve isn't really something you need to worry about.

My 15g at the moment is in good shape, My recirc Valve is not holding Boost 17psi?

Surly if a have blanking plate, it will kill it wont it? if not then i will give it ago, just thinking the boost has to go somewhere?

Thanks for the swift reply's andy.

t5 pete
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:00
What happens is with no D/V and no recirc the boost the turbo has built up has no where to go once the throttle body has closed so it goes backwards stalling the compressor wheel giving the turbo chatter sound through your air filter as thats where the air escapes.
Many people say at low boost it is fine and other say not there is quite a few people on here running it like this and to my knolegde none of them have any problems like that.

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:04
What happens is with no D/V and no recirc the boost the turbo has built up has no where to go once the throttle body has closed so it goes backwards stalling the compressor wheel giving the turbo chatter sound through your air filter as thats where the air escapes.
Many people say at low boost it is fine and other say not there is quite a few people on here running it like this and to my knolegde none of them have any problems like that.

Surly stalling the compressor wheel slows you down?

Also i have a Simota Carbon inclosed Filter, Will this allow the air through?

Please i'm not being negitive about your sugestions at all, i really apreciate your opinoins as u guy's have a lot more knowledge than i do about these car's.

p fandango
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmNucK8712M

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:09
Thanks Pedro, Have seen and enjoyed that before lol, But would 17psi be ok to run like this?

p fandango
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:18
Thanks Pedro, Have seen and enjoyed that before lol, But would 17psi be ok to run like this?
sorry i do like that vid so post it where i can lol. I know there are quite a few running the same but not sure who's running the boost that high, in the big scheme of things our boost levels are low. I'll be running the same sort of pressure as that, only running 10psi in the vid

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:28
Can one of you guy's put this to a POLL.

as i dont know how?

Title (How much Boost do you run without a Dv/Recirc Valve?)

1 - 9.5
9.5 -12
12-14
16+

AndysR
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:28

I had mine running a recirc valve on the original 15g and when it came off for the hybrid there were no detramental effects visable. That was running 1.2 bar of boost, the current one runs even more with the blanking plate fitted and my old Orion ran 20 psi without a dump valve for 5 years I had it as a turbo and it's still running without one to this day with the new owner ;)

AndysR
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:30
Can one of you guy's put this to a POLL.

as i dont know how?

Title (How much Boost do you run without a Dv/Recirc Valve?)

1 - 9.5
9.5 -12
12-14
16+

No probs I'll get one started now :)

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:35
I had mine running a recirc valve on the original 15g and when it came off for the hybrid there were no detramental effects visable. That was running 1.2 bar of boost, the current one runs even more with the blanking plate fitted and my old Orion ran 20 psi without a dump valve for 5 years I had it as a turbo and it's still running without one to this day with the new owner ;)

Well Andy lol, If it's good enough for you and ur Mintest 850r lol it's good enough for me.

Will strip the spring+diaphram out and see how it goe's, if all good i will get a Blankin plate asap. Watch this space lol.

t5_monkey
Monday 12th September 2011, 22:36
Hi, Seriously thinking about one of these, are these any good?

Has/is anyone on here fitted/runing one?

Any help much apreciated

Got a Forge Recirc... it's excellent, and Forge customer support is amazing.

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 00:26
IPD do a replacement internals kit

http://www.ipdusa.com/products/4898/25-0018-heavy-duty-compressor-bypass-valve