PDA

View Full Version : Drop in boost

Ade
Monday 12th September 2011, 19:07
Strange one.....

Today I was given a different type of Bailey dump valve, so I tried it in place of the usual bailey one I run. Instantly ran with less boost, sounded like it had a leak and stuttered quite badly.

Put the usual one back on. Stutter and leak sounds gone, but it still ran with half the boost it usually does!!! All seems to be attached ok, dumps as normal, no hissing/leaky sounds. Just isn't making as much boost as it did the other day when I last had it out!!!

WTF?!

merc85
Monday 12th September 2011, 20:29
Hi Buddy, Hi to had a Bailey dump valve a dv26, Had i fitted about a month, it was second hand off ebay.

Then when under boost the car felt like it miss, then it sorted it self out, The problem got worse and worse over aprox 600 miles, then it through a engine light, code 2-3-1 Runing to lean / rich on partial throttle.

I replaced sh*& loads all to find it was the Dump valve buggering about.

I would NEVER buy another Bailey Dv again. gone back to the recirc for a while that seemed to sort the issue out (having probs with that to now lol) but thats another story.

AndysR
Monday 12th September 2011, 21:14
Take it off and use it as a paperweight, then fit a blanking plate and enjoy flutter instead ;)

Ade
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 00:30
It was behaving perfectly normally on the way home, yet only going up about a third on the gauge instead of all the way. Stopped and had a poke about, didn't see anything wrong, and also unplugged and replugged the AFM, and set off again. Instantly back to full boost! WTF?!?!?!