PDA

View Full Version : my car is cursed!!!

watteee
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 20:41
hi all,fitted my new MAF sensor yesterday and no problems when i started the engine,however ECU fault light on,a wee while later i noticed it was off.

Driving home i put the foot down to overtake,WHOOSH!!! strange i dont remember fitting a dump valve?pulled over and revs the engine,a loud whistling noise van be heard and i traces it to a hose from the intercooler,seems the jubilee clip was rotting,anyway new clip from petrol station and im on my way.

This morning im driving to work and the ECU light is showing its ugly face again and the car is idling up and down from 500-2000rpm,so i pulled over and pulls the MAF plug out to see if that does anything but it gets worse,so i calls the AA again,guy reads the codes,they are as follows:
po102 mass or vol air flow circuit low
po172 system too rich
p1171 fuel volume regulator control circuit open
p1238 " " " " " "
so he clears them and since he has the car has been sweet as a nut but surely something caused the uneven idle to start with ,i might have caused some faults by pulling plugs out,i dont know 2 weeks ive had the car and im losing faith.ADVICE IS REQUIRED!!!!!!!

Green T5R
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 21:44
Just a thought did you disconnect the battery before doing the work?

I've made this mistake before and blown fuses for my trouble.

Regards

Iain

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 21:51
hi all,fitted my new MAF sensor yesterday and no problems when i started the engine,however ECU fault light on,a wee while later i noticed it was off.

Driving home i put the foot down to overtake,WHOOSH!!! strange i dont remember fitting a dump valve?pulled over and revs the engine,a loud whistling noise van be heard and i traces it to a hose from the intercooler,seems the jubilee clip was rotting,anyway new clip from petrol station and im on my way.

This morning im driving to work and the ECU light is showing its ugly face again and the car is idling up and down from 500-2000rpm,so i pulled over and pulls the MAF plug out to see if that does anything but it gets worse,so i calls the AA again,guy reads the codes,they are as follows:
po102 mass or vol air flow circuit low
po172 system too rich
p1171 fuel volume regulator control circuit open
p1238 " " " " " "
so he clears them and since he has the car has been sweet as a nut but surely something caused the uneven idle to start with ,i might have caused some faults by pulling plugs out,i dont know 2 weeks ive had the car and im losing faith.ADVICE IS REQUIRED!!!!!!!Thats why i bite the bullet and pay qualified people to repair mine.

watteee
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:08
Thats why i bite the bullet and pay qualified people to repair mine.????? :frown:

are you insinuating that i dont,ive only had a MAF sensor fitted to my car since i got it and i fitted it and a monkey could do that.i suppose its nothing to do with bad luck and a lot seems to be going wrong at the same time.

t5owner
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:29
Thats why i bite the bullet and pay qualified people to repair mine.????? :frown:

are you insinuating that i dont,ive only had a MAF sensor fitted to my car since i got it and i fitted it and a monkey could do that.i suppose its nothing to do with bad luck and a lot seems to be going wrong at the same time.

As green t5r said did you disco the battery b4 u unpluged all sorts :slap:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:38
[QUOTE=watteee]Thats why i bite the bullet and pay qualified people to repair mine.????? :frown:

are you insinuating that i dont,ive only had a MAF sensor fitted to my car since i got it and i fitted it and a monkey could do that.i suppose its nothing to do with bad luck and a lot seems to be going wrong at the same time.[/QUOTE/ 'I am saying i dont mess with stuff i dont understand.

watteee
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:39
i only un plugged the MAF plug and im afraid i didnt disco the battery,what damage did i do by not.

t5owner
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:49
i only un plugged the MAF plug and im afraid i didnt disco the battery,what damage did i do by not.

Thy might of sent a spike back from the battery to the maf and back to the ecu and it gets upset when things happen that it dont like :dunce:

watteee
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 22:53
sorry tds,thought you knew something i didnt,maybe not disconeting the battery has did something,but something caused the ecu light to come on in the first place,no faults at moment as they have been cleared,ans car is ok at mo, will wait to see what transpires

Green T5R
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 23:08
don't think you will have done any damage just freaked out the ECU.

splatt
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 23:11
Try a ECU reset by disconnecting it overnight...just take the negative battery lead off. (know your radio code!!!)
It will take a while to reset once connected but has had some results for me in the past,