PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats?

Mark_V40T4
Thursday 8th September 2011, 17:18
right my car being a very early 1998 R reg i have put leather seats out of a later 00+ model out of the last v40 everything fits fine apart from the heated seat wires?

the old ones seem to be 2 wires and the new seats 4?

anyone had this problem and even better have a solution?

Thank's
Mark

marcoboyo
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 00:20
Hi Mark
From my understanding the 2 wires in the old seats are just for the heat pads as the air bags if fitted are self contained that's why if the seat needs to be removed there is a red plastic clip that needs putting in place to stop them going off, where as in the later cars you have 4 wires 2 for the heat pads and 2 for the air bag that go to the control box for the air bag system.

Mark

Mark_V40T4
Tuesday 13th September 2011, 16:28
ahh so its just finding out which 2 go to the pads without setting off the airbag and wiring them up seperate!!! :)

i know when i took the old seat out they had the red clip to stop the bags going off.

Thanks!!

marcoboyo
Wednesday 14th September 2011, 03:25
will have a look at mine for you Mark as I don't have the heated seats (wish I did sometimes) so I should be able tell you what the connector looks like.

Mark

Mark_V40T4
Friday 16th September 2011, 16:54
Cheers! would be a big help! :)

hamish maglumshy
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 10:03
sorry to steal your post. but ive just bought heated leather seats for my 2001 v70 t5 to replace the standard cloth setas. my car doesn't have the heated seat option and was wondering if i can alter my car to use the heated seats? can you just get the heated seat switches and hey presto...?

Haizum74
Wednesday 11th January 2012, 13:32
sorry to steal your post. but ive just bought heated leather seats for my 2001 v70 t5 to replace the standard cloth setas. my car doesn't have the heated seat option and was wondering if i can alter my car to use the heated seats? can you just get the heated seat switches and hey presto...?

try asking in the v70 section, you may get a better answer over there dude. :-)