PDA

View Full Version : tracking

tattoo101
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 17:54
how easy is it to alter the tracking? reason im asking is that i have just fitted 2 new lower arms on the car. and now the steering wheel is at 2oclock for the car to drive in a straight line. when the steering wheel is straight the drivers side wheel is is dead ahead. were the passanger side is just going to the left alittle.

lego hair
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 19:05
run i length of wood from back wheel to front will get it roughly there

cameron
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 19:36
Yeah go old school, get some string tape it across the rear tyre then run it to the front tyre ( front most side ) the gap between the string and the tyre will show how much toe in or out you have, ( the string should touch both sides of the front tyre ) then its just a case of adjusting the rack arm, easy as long as its not years old and really tight to undo the locking nut.

Or go to National and get them to do laser tracking for £15 :B_thumb:

martybelfastt5
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 23:22
best letting the pros do it as it will effect traction/tyre life and god knows they like front tyres as it is lol

tattoo101
Thursday 8th September 2011, 12:38
best letting the pros do it as it will effect traction/tyre life and god knows they like front tyres as it is lol

yep its booked in for 2pm today lol :)

M-R-P
Thursday 8th September 2011, 12:53
Got a company called F1 to do mine, all 4 wheels were out so gave them the nod to sort it. 10 mins later a spotty little herbert came in and said the track arm was seized. They asked if I wanted to change the 2 parts of the arm and I agreed to bring the car back the next day.
When I got it home, I had a look and, because I repair machines for a living, I recognized the tell-tale signs of some monkey swinging off it with an adjustable spanner and slipping. With the aid of some plus-gas and mole grips I freed the arm off first go. I then took the car to Protyre and got the job done properly.
Moral of the story? Just because they're professionals, don't think that they are professional! :)

tattoo101
Thursday 8th September 2011, 15:53
tell me about it. just got back its not the tracking thats out. the tit who put the "new" lower arm in has forced it in. i went into the pit with the guy at the garage to look and its started to chew the bushes. its getting sorted tomorow .....

M-R-P
Thursday 8th September 2011, 16:10
tell me about it. just got back its not the tracking thats out. the tit who put the "new" lower arm in has forced it in. i went into the pit with the guy at the garage to look and its started to chew the bushes. its getting sorted tomorow .....

Validated my little rant! Fingers crossed for ya mate.

tattoo101
Friday 9th September 2011, 10:23
well shes gone in this morning to be sorted. hope this is the end of it lol. getting them to do a full service while its there :)

tattoo101
Saturday 10th September 2011, 19:19
shes running stright and true again :) just need some time to put my mods on ive collected lol