PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Update NOW fitted Home made

merc85
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 20:26
Ok Please no laughin, It has transformed the Power delivery (seems like it) anyway.

Made from all the old pipe work except the Tempory Hose across the engine, as this is going to be replaced with Red Silicone.

The Power is Now Pritty instant, hardly any lag compard with the standard set up.

I know it's been remapped and it's been raining but i Really am struggling to put the power down Deffinatly need some proper wet tyres.

Seems to be hold boost alot lot better all through the Gear's.

I'm really chuffed wiv it. needs a few little bit's tidying but will do that once the new straight hose arives.

p fandango
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 20:42
RIP kits rule lol, that air filters not helping tho ;)

merc85
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 20:45
RIP kits rule lol, that air filters not helping tho ;)

Looks worse than it is, Gonna move it over a little lol

volvo340sleeper
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 20:45
is it better to have a k&n cone filter with r.i.p kits or 1 like that one on pic

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 22:30
Ok Please no laughin, It has transformed the Power delivery (seems like it) anyway.

Made from all the old pipe work except the Tempory Hose across the engine, as this is going to be replaced with Red Silicone.

The Power is Now Pritty instant, hardly any lag compard with the standard set up.

I know it's been remapped and it's been raining but i Really am struggling to put the power down Deffinatly need some proper wet tyres.

Seems to be hold boost alot lot better all through the Gear's.

I'm really chuffed wiv it. needs a few little bit's tidying but will do that once the new straight hose arives.

very nice mate once ive sorted my running issues im gonna copy the hell out of that :P might use a bit of chrome though ;) look forward to seeing it in the flesh this weekend :)

merc85
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 22:36
very nice mate once ive sorted my running issues im gonna copy the hell out of that :P might use a bit of chrome though ;) look forward to seeing it in the flesh this weekend :)

Be Gentle lol, no probs buddy. Should have my Top Turbo to intercooler hose in (red) fitted by then, have just orded it. £19.98 inc vat and delivery.

May go Polished look dunno yet.

merc85
Tuesday 6th September 2011, 22:39
is it better to have a k&n cone filter with r.i.p kits or 1 like that one on pic

I was always led to belive a Inclosed filter was better due to the Heat generated under the bonnet.

Hence why i went the Carbon Simota way, the casing Doesnt get that hot and it still picks the cool air up from the front of the car using the orignal ducting.

I may of course be completly wrong, But hey i do like the look (personal thing)

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 05:03
I was always led to belive a Inclosed filter was better due to the Heat generated under the bonnet.

Hence why i went the Carbon Simota way, the casing Doesnt get that hot and it still picks the cool air up from the front of the car using the orignal ducting.

I may of course be completly wrong, But hey i do like the look (personal thing)
i've been thru many different air filters makes, styles, set-up etc & my best quarter mile time was done with an open Pipercross filter. Not saying its evidence open is better but as sitting in the fire-up lane is the worst possible situation for a cone filter does go to show there not as bad as other make out

i did notice a difference changing from a K&N 57i to a Pipercross cone filter, rev'd freed up alot

RPM
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 09:12
Plus my cone filter sounds like the devil breathing under the bonnet when the loud pedal is pressed!

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 12:27
Despite what anyone thinks the standard air box design is the best for no heat soak as it is completely sealed and utilises a forced air intake. Ok a paper filter isnt to everyone´s taste so use a K&N or similar.

That RIP kit looks ok, the only obvious weak point is the top joint where you can see the pipe doesnt fit correctly.

antz
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 12:50
what on earth is a RIP kit?

Rest in peace?

The Flying Moose
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 13:08

Rest in peace?

Oh my dear Antz you have much to learn... Reversed intercooler pipework;)

t5 pete
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 14:22

Rest in peace?

lol

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 16:04

Rest in peace?

lmao i laugh now but tbh ive not long found out what it was myself :redface:

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 16:14
Despite what anyone thinks the standard air box design is the best for no heat soak as it is completely sealed and utilises a forced air intake. Ok a paper filter isnt to everyone´s taste so use a K&N or similar.
the corner onto the turbo the pipework is quite compressed with the standard set-up, as i say i've never lost anything from having an open cone

antz
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 16:44
lmao i laugh now but tbh ive not long found out what it was myself :redface:

lol

Oh my dear Antz you have much to learn... Reversed intercooler pipework;)

No question is a stupid question if you dont know the answer....I knew it wasnt rest in peace though :uglyhamme

Go on then humour me...what does a reversed intercooler pipework kit do? and dont you dare say reverse the pipework of the intercooler or Ill come down there and slap you silly :tombstone :funkybana

t5 pete
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 16:54
its makes you R.I.P quicker lol

t5 pete
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 16:55
lol it shortens the distance the air has to travel to the inlet manifold giving you quicker spool up and less time for the air to heat up

theflyingbrick
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 17:01
lol it shortens the distance the air has to travel to the inlet manifold giving you quicker spool up and less time for the air to heat up

what he said also i think it looks better ;)

p fandango
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 18:38
Go on then humour me...what does a reversed intercooler pipework kit do? and dont you dare say reverse the pipework of the intercooler or Ill come down there and slap you silly :tombstone :funkybana

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/info/airflow.jpg

merc85
Wednesday 7th September 2011, 18:46

That RIP kit looks ok, the only obvious weak point is the top joint where you can see the pipe doesnt fit correctly.

Does now lol