PDA

View Full Version : Costing a fortune

shepbomb
Monday 5th September 2011, 09:38
Hi all,
having recently spent a fortune on getting my s70 through the MOT, including
Both CV Joints and ball joints replacing, still possibly looking at a new steering column, new callipers on the front, as well as pretty much putting a new cooling system in from the rad right back to the heater matrix, is there much more what can go wrong with these cars, it only has 100k miles on the clock, and my t4 s40 is nowhere near as high maintenance as this and i took a risk on the t4 with no history, where as the s70 has a full history,
just looking for known problems with these cars, as i will get them all checked and sorted if needed,
cheers

M-R-P
Monday 5th September 2011, 09:51
Don't know much about this model, but if your speedo looks like the one in the pic, it could cost you over 700 quid if (when) it goes wrong.

shepbomb
Monday 5th September 2011, 13:17
yeah my clocks look like that lol,

M-R-P
Monday 5th September 2011, 16:55
yeah my clocks look like that lol,

First the info screen on the left goes weird, then clock/temp then everything goes nuts. You can resolder and repair it if done carefully (I didn't do it right first time and now I'm regretting it) I've done a few now without any trouble. Best bet is take it to a mobile phone/tv repair shop and ask them to re float the motorolla chip, cost you about £30.