PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my new headlights and indicators.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:17
Heres some before and after pics, (did) looks a lot better now as they really update the front of the car and i they are far better in the dark

Shame one indicator has now fallen off, but anyway...

Before
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/LiamT4/My%20Cars/DSCF5376.jpg

After
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/LiamT4/My%20Cars/DSCF5378.jpg

AndysR
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:21
Looks a lot different now with the updated lights, I have always been 50/50 on this mod and constantly tell my brother not to do it. That said it does look good on yours especially with the silver bodywork.

Your reg seems familiar I am sure this car was for sale a few years ago with a company called Autoleisure...useless information but hey... lol

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:27
Looks a lot different now with the updated lights, I have always been 50/50 on this mod and constantly tell my brother not to do it. That said it does look good on yours especially with the silver bodywork.

Your reg seems familiar I am sure this car was for sale a few years ago with a company called Autoleisure...useless information but hey... lol

lol!

Anyway, if i were your brother i'd do it. They look even better in the metal. All the people who have seen it say its made a big difference, the newer grill looks a lot better as well.

Theres someone selling some very, very cheap on here.

Maybe find a way to cable tie the indiactors in though, to make them a bit more secure, i'v heard they can sometimes come loose and damage the front wing :wink:

T5frankie
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:28
nice mate

M-R-P
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:28
That (did) look much better, real shame about the Halfrauds incident! bad times.
Chin up, at least you only lost one bit and scuffed the wing, it could have been worse :)

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:31
Looks or may I say did look the business... they really update the front end.

Its the first time I have seen a before and after and had the ability to compare and the difference is very obvious!

Stick your standard indicators back on for Trax mate, at least then you'll be matching.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:31
That (did) look much better, real shame about the Halfrauds incident! bad times.
Chin up, at least you only lost one bit and scuffed the wing, it could have been worse :)

That'll be when i go work tomorrow and find its damaged the fuel line and i'v got no petrol! lol

volvo
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:32
they do look very smart dont they!

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:38
That'll be when i go work tomorrow and find its damaged the fuel line and i'v got no petrol! lol

I can come and drill a hole in your fuel tank if you wish? I have become an expert in the area lately ;)

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:38
Looks or may I say did look the business... they really update the front end.

Its the first time I have seen a before and after and had the ability to compare and the difference is very obvious!

Stick your standard indicators back on for Trax mate, at least then you'll be matching.

Was going to, but i'm not sure if i should take them off again in case i break them. lol

If anyone has removed the indicators on an s/v/c70 they'll know what pastic "clips" i'm talking about.

The indicators no big deal really, its what it did to the front wing that annoys me.

MIKESC70T5
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:42
Here's my old c70 with the jewel lights and later grille. Best cosmetic mod I ever did. I never had any problem with the indicators coming out

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/SDC11241.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/SDC11239.jpg

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:45
Here's my old c70 with the jewel lights and later grille. Best cosmetic mod I ever did. I never had any problem with the indicators coming out

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/SDC11241.jpg
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s29/MIKEST5R/SDC11239.jpg

I totally agree.

Hopefully it was just to do with the 4x4 that bumped me in the car park.

But i'm still going to try and find a way of securing them to the car better!lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:49
I totally agree.

Hopefully it was just to do with the 4x4 that bumped me in the car park.

But i'm still going to try and find a way of securing them to the car better!lol

The best way I can think of securing them would be to buy the Volvo headlight protectors which if I remember correctly cover the headlight and indicator.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 22:52
The best way I can think of securing them would be to buy the Volvo headlight protectors which if I remember correctly cover the headlight and indicator.

If they do then i will definatly be buying them.

Also i can't over emphasise how much better they are in the dark, anyone with a s/v/c70 i definatly recomend the headlights.

siamblue
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:12
They way they throw the light out is a million times better than those old death lights, they are even more awesome with HIDs.

Comparing Crystals on different colour cars..
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/siamblue/IMAG0098.jpg

Gary.

AndysR
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:13
If they do then i will definatly be buying them.

Also i can't over emphasise how much better they are in the dark, anyone with a s/v/c70 i definatly recomend the headlights.

My brother has a set on his S70, They go right round the outside of both the headlight and indicator assembly, they stop the wind directly hitting either of the lamps so would stop the indicator from being blown out at speed.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:15
Gary, How did you remove the headlight wipers?
Would i have to take the bumper off?

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:18
My brother has a set on his S70, They go right round the outside of both the headlight and indicator assembly, they stop the wind directly hitting either of the lamps so would stop the indicator from being blown out at speed.

Cheers, Will be getting some then.
In fact i remember emlyn mention that i should get some when we were talking the other day.

Should have listened to him, never mind.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:18

I think it was on your brothers car that I saw them. Never seen them on any other car but they suited car well and as they were genuine Volvo parts didnt look out of place either.

AndysR
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:19
In fact i remember emlyn mention that i should get some when we were talking the other day.

Hindsight's a fantastic thing.... lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:20

Im not one for I told you so's Liam, infact the thought of them falling out wasnt the reason I suggested it, I personally couldnt bear the pain of a chip after paying out so much for a set of lights when protectors would be around 40-50 quid at most.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:27
Im not one for I told you so's Liam, infact the thought of them falling out wasnt the reason I suggested it, I personally couldnt bear the pain of a chip after paying out so much for a set of lights when protectors would be around 40-50 quid at most.

A bloke at work said i should get some to stop stone chips as well.

I'll try and find some quickly and see if i can get another indicator from somewhere. Hopefully i can polish most of the marks out for this weekend.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:34
Anyone know where i can get the protectors from?
PFV don't seem to do them for my car.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:35
Anyone know where i can get the protectors from?
PFV don't seem to do them for my car.

Direct from Volvo mate.

AndysR
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:39
As above ^^^ or a Volvo dealership if you don't have a Volvo mate nearby...

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:43
As above ^^^ or a Volvo dealership if you don't have a Volvo mate nearby...

***leans over and provides Andy a warm hand around the face***

AndysR
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:45
***leans over and provides Andy a warm hand around the face***

***Rejects TFM's man love guestures with a swift shift to the side***

Wobbly Dave
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:45
Love the new lights.

LiamT4
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:47
Love the new lights.

Cheers dave.

I should have got some sooner.

The Flying Moose
Thursday 1st September 2011, 23:56
***Rejects TFM's man love guestures with a swift shift to the side***

Oi! Pipe down or ill put you down! I was only trying to be polite young Andy... some people always missunderstanding my way with words for sexual connotations. If you were a woman I would forgive you but Andy you dissapoint me :(

siamblue
Friday 2nd September 2011, 00:10
Gary, How did you remove the headlight wipers?
Would i have to take the bumper off?

Hi no you should be able to.get the motors out without removing the bumper, it is tight though.

AndysR
Friday 2nd September 2011, 00:12
Oi! Pipe down or ill put you down! I was only trying to be polite young Andy... some people always missunderstanding my way with words for sexual connotations. If you were a woman I would forgive you but Andy you dissapoint me :(

Ah, it would seem that my sarcastic wit had not successfully communicated itself in my previous post. If I've upset you I apologise, I love you really. Shall we have a man hug to make up :)

The Flying Moose
Friday 2nd September 2011, 00:20
Ah, it would seem that my sarcastic wit had not successfully communicated itself in my previous post. If I've upset you I apologise, I love you really. Shall we have a man hug to make up :)

It would seem I too have been missunderstood, all in good fun my friend ;)

Jim S70R
Friday 2nd September 2011, 12:53
Lights look Liam they give the car a newer look :) I got my headlamp covers from my local Volvo dealer (think they were about £35 quid)
Still not sure on a set of these headlamps for mine yet though, cant make my mind up....

Happygilmore78
Friday 2nd September 2011, 15:07
They look good buddy, loads better than the old crappers - looking forward to getting mine on, and getting shut of Projectors

T5frankie
Friday 2nd September 2011, 15:23
They look good buddy, loads better than the old crappers - looking forward to getting mine on, and getting shut of Projectors

why?

siamblue
Friday 2nd September 2011, 15:46
why?

Projectors are so yesterday and Chavvy :B_thumb:

LiamT4
Friday 2nd September 2011, 21:08
Lights look Liam they give the car a newer look :) I got my headlamp covers from my local Volvo dealer (think they were about £35 quid)
Still not sure on a set of these headlamps for mine yet though, cant make my mind up....

Maybe mine were in a were in a worse state than yours, but its a no contest for me.