PDA

View Full Version : Help needed, can't find the sensor!

Tosh
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 09:12
I had planned to change the Manifold Barometric Pressure Sensor last night, but I couldn't find it!
Does anyone know where it is located? Hopefully someone with detailed technical knowledge or a Haynes manual can put me out of my misery.
1998 S70 T5

splatt
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 09:30
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2406&highlight=barometric

is this of any use to you?

rocket ron
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 10:54
I had planned to change the Manifold Barometric Pressure Sensor last night, but I couldn't find it!
Does anyone know where it is located? Hopefully someone with detailed technical knowledge or a Haynes manual can put me out of my misery.
1998 S70 T5its on the rh front inner wing next to the washer filler cap its held in postion by a 6mm hex bolt incidently why are you changing it?

Tosh
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 16:57
I'm replacing it because that's the fault code the ECU is giving. I had a look on the wing and I can't see the sensor, not one like the replacment I have anyway. There is a plug that would fit, but its connected to something else? I'm wondering if Volvo have changed the part, and the look of the thing?
Do you think I'd do damage plugging it in?

twotrees
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 20:33
I'm replacing it because that's the fault code the ECU is giving. I had a look on the wing and I can't see the sensor, not one like the replacment I have anyway. There is a plug that would fit, but its connected to something else? I'm wondering if Volvo have changed the part, and the look of the thing?
D o you think I'd do damage plugging it in?
this comes of the inlet side monafold . if being swich on monafold or pipe to acu

Tosh
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 23:29
Where exactly do I find it then? this has me stumped! I've looked on various websites that show posts from Volvo folks with simialr problems, but they all say it's on the inner wing just in front of the washer bottle fill pipe. I've looked & looked & looked but can't see anything that looks like what I have. I checked the part code again and it's okay. Any help please...I want this ECU light out!!!

Tosh
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 14:50
Okay, got the correct part now from Volvo, no bl***y wonder I couldn't find it! I was looking for something that looked totally different.
Anyway onto the next question...can anyone tell me whether or not there should be a pipe connected to the bottom of this sensor? The part I have has seals on it as if there should be a pipe connected!?! I can't see one on the car?!?

k690bpp
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 17:34
no pipe on the bottom - slide it into the holder put the bolt in and connect the wiring up, easy peasy.

Tosh
Wednesday 17th August 2005, 10:24
The light will be put out tonight and hopefully it will stay out!