PDA

View Full Version : Heater Blower Only working on setting 4

alex1985blue
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 18:37
Hey Chaps,

I have a 95 non ac 855 and the blower only works on speed setting 4.

I have checked the fuse and the fuse for speed 4 is fine and so is the fuse for speed 1,2 and 3.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem could be??

Relay??

Cheers

Alex

Volvostorm
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 19:10
The blower resistor has gone, I think? its behind the glovebox, its quite a common fault

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 19:14
i thought it was a relay behind the glovebox, i'm sure BT had the same problem & know i didn't replace a resistor. Sure it was a normal 4pole relay on the right (towards the centre console) that i replaced

alex1985blue
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 00:09
Brilliant cheers chaps.

Do I pull the glove box out of the dash or do I drop the underside of the glove box down and access it from below?

Does anyone know the number of the resistor?

Cheers

p fandango
Sunday 23rd October 2011, 01:35
i always unclip the stays from the glovebox door (small screwdriver down each side to depress the tabs) & remove the glovebox lining.

alex1985blue
Saturday 7th January 2012, 19:08
Brilliant cheres chap.

Where is the best place to get one of the resistors? Would a used one do or is it best to get a new one from Volvo.

Does anyone have the part number for the relay?

Cheers

Alex

woz
Monday 9th January 2012, 21:31
\resistors.jpg
there's two types at least, depending on what type of climate control / aircon you have. Best to whip the old one out to check, but stick something over the hole whilst you get e new one.
I have tried to attach a pic - not very good at it so pm me if you want it emailed privately. I know this to my cost as I bought the wrong one of Ebay for mine! The one on the left is for a standrd aircon. (as on my N reg t5) The other is I beleive a climate control fitment. They do not swap!!
If you need the one with fins, PM me. I have a spare!!LOL
Woz
p.s. thats almost definitely the fault. Never heard of those symptoms caused by owt else. Happened 3 times to mine

alex1985blue
Monday 6th February 2012, 09:17
I have a 95 M reg with no aircon or climate control.

The dials go from blue to red, dont have the temp numbers.

I am guessing then that I need the smaller green resistor instead of the one with the fins?

Cheers