PDA

View Full Version : wiring up electric seats to a 850 without the wiring

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:00
hello all ive got 850r front seats and wondered how to wire these in,i was wondering if i could send a crude wire to the battery and connect it to one of the four terminals under the seat just to get them positioned right as they came bolt upright

are the four terminals all for live wires or is there two live and two earth?

really dont know a deal about wiring

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/jimbo85733/tuesaug009.jpg

any help would be greatly apreciated , cheers james

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:11
I'd be very surprised if the wiring (or at least the sockets) isn't there already. The cars come pre wired for everything. Try lpoking under your seats for the plugs.

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:14
I'd be very surprised if the wiring (or at least the sockets) isn't there already. The cars come pre wired for everything. Try lpoking under your seats for the plugs.

cant find any other plugs anywhere , mighten they be under the carpet sumwhere? i think t5 pete has had a look and said its not? ill go and have another butchers,cheers

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:35
Let me know if you can't find them, I'll have a root under the seats in my R and see where the plugs are.

Niles
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:40

no they dont mate. The wiring for front leccy seats isnt there. also the wiring for rear leccy windows is not there either.
Trust me on this. Fact. Im right.

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:45
no they dont mate. The wiring for front leccy seats isnt there. also the wiring for rear leccy windows is not there either.

cheers for reply , tho my car has rear lectric windows , also my car had the wiring for the front fogs just added a switch and relay into fuse box

do you know how to wire these seats in?

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 13:59

Well oookay then...But the plugs will be there in the harness, after all Volvo won't build separate harnesses for different specs would they? The short leads to go to the seats probably won't be there but the connectors should be, as I found out on a previous car when I added fogs, trip computer and rear electric windows.

t5 pete
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:00
to answer your question james you will need just a live and a earth its just a case of finding out which connectors to use

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:17
to answer your question james you will need just a live and a earth its just a case of finding out which connectors to use

yep i totally understand , would i be able to run a live wire from battery and connect it to one of the four connectors and a earth but which im not sure? just to get them adjusted while i sort getting them wired up properly?

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:37
you only need 2 of the terminals on the plug, the other 2 are for fault diagnostics. I'm just trying to find out which 2 you need but no luck via google yet

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:39
you only need 2 of the terminals on the plug, the other 2 are for fault diagnostics. I'm just trying to find out which 2 you need but no luck via google yet

cheers duane ive just sent you a pm lol

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:47
cheers duane ive just sent you a pm lol
i've found this LINK (http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/service/850/PowerSeatsMemory.pdf). Which labels the plug as "A", but on the diagram they don't tell you which positive on the plug each colour goes. Think you need someone who already has it fitted & see where the black wire is, & where the green/red wire goes (think thats the one you need). Volvo also use a 30amp breaker so best fit thick enough cable for that current with a fuse

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:50
i've found this LINK (http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/tech/service/850/PowerSeatsMemory.pdf). Which labels the plug as "A", but on the diagram they don't tell you which positive on the plug each colour goes. Think you need someone who already has it fitted & see where the black wire is, & where the green/red wire goes (think thats the one you need). Volvo also use a 30amp breaker so best fit thick enough cable for that current with a fuse

cheers duane i found that page aswel lol

have you got salvos number pls

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 14:54
have you got salvos number pls
no, but i google'd it lol. 0115 944 5644

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 15:14
you owe me a beer ;) lol

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/V6EDC/DSC00009-1.jpg

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 15:17
you owe me a beer ;) lol

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/V6EDC/DSC00009-1.jpg

nice one matey :)

going to go outside ans see if i can wire them up

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 15:19
going to go outside ans see if i can wire them up
make sure you wrap up warm, its cold out there lol

ps let us know how you get on

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 15:21
no, but i google'd it lol. 0115 944 5644

You need to get out more, I'm thinking about limiting the amount of time your allowed to log in here, go outside (if you can remember where that is) you spend waaaay too much time locked away in here...lol.

p fandango
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 15:24
You need to get out more, I'm thinking about limiting the amount of time your allowed to log in here, go outside (if you can remember where that is) you spend waaaay too much time locked away in here...lol.
what else do you expect me to do while i'm at work? lol

Tomcat
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 17:04
what else do you expect me to do while i'm at work? lol

LMFAO!!!, I forgot it's tuesday (I'm off this week lol), bleedin skiver, get some work done.

james
Tuesday 30th August 2011, 17:27
make sure you wrap up warm, its cold out there lol

ps let us know how you get on

all sorted mate got the seats to a suitable position or shud i say my seat and the passenger to match

going to wire them up properly another day and also im gonna put a switch under passenger seat to stop people faffin with buttons lol

cheers duane :)