PDA

View Full Version : flash code 2-3-1

wutang247
Sunday 28th August 2011, 13:40
got a flash code reading of 2-3-1 (long term fuel mixture to lean or to rich in part load stage) anyone know what this means, al help much appreciated

t5 stealth
Sunday 28th August 2011, 21:44
most common thing to look for would be air leaks ?

merc85
Sunday 28th August 2011, 22:01
got a flash code reading of 2-3-1 (long term fuel mixture to lean or to rich in part load stage) anyone know what this means, al help much appreciated

Hi Buddy just had this with mine, see my threads, I didnt have any Vac leaks,

But My Bailey Dump Valve was the problem in the end, went back to my standard Re-circ valve and now is all good.

Volvostorm
Sunday 28th August 2011, 23:21
If I remember right, I had this problem when I put my DV on, and later a cone filter. I pulled the ECU out and left it for an hour, put it back in, never saw the fault again, might be worth a try?

merc85
Sunday 28th August 2011, 23:31
I also tried this, fault code didnt come back but my car started to suffer, from a Hold back under partial throttle, real bad miss. and under powered.

It Got really bad , i had noticed after a run when i'd turned the car off the dv was still open, then another time it was shut.

This dv was faulty after replacing it with the standard recirc' all the power was back.

wutang247
Monday 29th August 2011, 06:28
thanks for the replies will check for leaks and try new dv and let you know how it goes

merc85
Monday 29th August 2011, 16:03
thanks for the replies will check for leaks and try new dv and let you know how it goes

NO need to try a new dv, just go back to the standard recirc, if it cures it you will that the dv is at fault.

Wobbly Dave
Monday 29th August 2011, 21:52
leaks on the rubber unions on the cambelt end of the inlet manifold - part of the PCV system - common fault.

Quite fiddly to get to.