PDA

View Full Version : Boost cut

greeleyt5
Saturday 27th August 2011, 12:01
Hi all, I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about a dodgy actuator and you guys told me to take the mbc off and set my actuator so my standard dash boost gauge shows 3/4 boost then refit my mbc and then turn it up, I did this but I'm still getting boost cut sometimes and sometimes I don't, the boost gauge at the moment goes no further up the gauge than 3/4 into the White but yet I'm still getting boost cut it's definitely boost cut it's like hitting a brick wall, is the standard boost gauge electronic or vacuum controlled I know I need to get a proper boost gauge but I'm completely skint at moment until payday comes around do you guys have any idea could the actuator be faulty could the new turbo be faulty it's a standard td04 15g by the way.

LiamT4
Saturday 27th August 2011, 12:21
I doubt a dodgy actuator would cause that, i'v had a few problems with them and they've never felt like a fuel cut.
If they're were problems with the turbo then i'd expect other issues like smoke or a noisey turbo.

The standard boost gauge isn't the most reliable of things as they are getting quite old now, so it would be best to get another gauge and use that.

Try ebay, shouldn't be too much for just a guage and piping.

crezzy2k1
Saturday 27th August 2011, 13:04
Hi mate i have a TIM turbo boost gauge if you are interested. Has your engine been remapped? if not you are probably hitting the boost cut threshold, like Liamt4 said the standard gauge isn't reliable, when i'm on full boost it falls out of the white zone going nearly horizontal!

bigrotch
Saturday 27th August 2011, 13:35
sounds exactly like what me good friend (merc) had hitting max boost you will need ecu remap mate he had it done now boosting 19psi with no probs

Rnash2002
Saturday 27th August 2011, 14:11
You sure its not spark plugs or leads?

greeleyt5
Saturday 27th August 2011, 14:30
You sure its not spark plugs or leads?

Mmmm could be I hadn't really thought about plugs the leads are new ish so I can't imagine it's them I will pull the plugs out and check them but it doesn't feel like a miss fire and it's only started doing it since I changed the turbo cos the old one had a smoking habit, I will whip em out tomorrow and check condition of them.