PDA

View Full Version : Vredestein Untracs.....I know I know

the_boy
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 17:35
To cut a long story short I've been having that much trouble selling the car that I've decided to keep it. So, it's going to get cleaned up a bit including a trip down to VT at some point.

Basically it need new tyres so I've been sifting through the website for decent tyres and have decided on either: 225/45/17

1st choice Vredestein Ultracs
2nd choice Kuhmo KU31 XL

Now I've tried loads of places and the best I can get Vredestein is £102 per tyre fitted. Loads of dealers on the Vredestein website can't even give me a quote? Selectatyre stated they would beat any quote but can't give me a price? Strange dealings these tyre dealers.

I can get the Kuhmos for £75 per tyre but TBH I'd prefer the Vreddis.

Does anyone know a dealer that can do a better price? I do live in the North East but will be travelling down to Bromsgrove at some point so could stop off on the way...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm all surfed out looking :comp:

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 18:43
To cut a long story short I've been having that much trouble selling the car that I've decided to keep it. So, it's going to get cleaned up a bit including a trip down to VT at some point.

Basically it need new tyres so I've been sifting through the website for decent tyres and have decided on either: 225/45/17

1st choice Vredestein Ultracs
2nd choice Kuhmo KU31 XL

Now I've tried loads of places and the best I can get Vredestein is £102 per tyre fitted. Loads of dealers on the Vredestein website can't even give me a quote? Selectatyre stated they would beat any quote but can't give me a price? Strange dealings these tyre dealers.

I can get the Kuhmos for £75 per tyre but TBH I'd prefer the Vreddis.

Does anyone know a dealer that can do a better price? I do live in the North East but will be travelling down to Bromsgrove at some point so could stop off on the way...

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm all surfed out looking :comp:Dont you fancy Goodyear F1 or Michelin Pilot Sport ? There top quality at approx £110 ish.

the_boy
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 18:50
Not really, I hear bad stories about weak tyre walls with regards to the Goodyears.

Besides I'm looking for a tyre price cheaper than £102.
Buying at £110 would stick another 40 quid on to the price....

TBH I'm not going to get anywear near 150mph nor take this thing on a track so the top marque tyres are probably not needed.

Cheers though :D

Goof
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 19:15
Kumho @ £75 fully rated seem fine. No complaints re traction etc...

dicky b t5
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 21:42
I've got Kuhmo's on mine , 205/50/16's not the dearest tyres they do at about £40 odd each , but i've found them to be quite good for normal every day use in all conditions , there rated to 149 mph but 99% of my driving is around town and small villages..probs rarely go faster than 60-70 mph all week , so ideal for what i need. Only problem when you start buying cheaper tyres is that they offer hardly any Rim protection. So pick a tyre to suit your needs..you Dont have to pay loads of money !.
If i was using M-ways every day then Yes i would buy something alot better.! just my view.. :remybussi

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 21:52
Check this out as alternatives.

http://www.blackcircles.com/public/order?view=standard

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 19:44
There £106 on www.mytyres.co.uk (http://www.mytyres.co.uk).

the_boy
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 20:12
Yeah bit the bullet this afternoon and bought 4 Kumhos

Ecsta Sport KU31 XL

£300 for 4.

The guy reckoned the Vreddie's were top notch especially the winter tyres.
Still wanted to change my mind halfway through him putting them on.

But hey ho, it's sorted now :)