PDA

View Full Version : hard to start when warm

t5 pete
Thursday 25th August 2011, 21:09
This is a weired one i have a 1998 c70 pre me7 it starts first time and every time when cold but once the engine is warmed up and i turn the ingnition off then attempt to start it, it will attemp to fire twice then dies on both attempts then starts perfect on the 3rd attemp it only does this when warm and always fires on the 3rd time all the time.
Its like there isnt any fuel at the rail but i dont have this problem when cold.
Ive had the code reader on it and there are no logged codes so was wounder if any one has had any thing simliar before i start swapping things over (trial and error)
Ive all ready swapped the leads dizzy and rotor arm and new plugs but hasnt made any difference.
Cheers

LiamT4
Thursday 25th August 2011, 22:11
How does the engine run when its warmed up?

t5 pete
Thursday 25th August 2011, 22:13
brilliant and smooth it never misses a beat its just starting it from warm

PHIL V70R
Thursday 25th August 2011, 22:27
had this sort of thing on the cosworth...turned out 2 be pump and the relay..replaced and all was good mate hope this helps

volvo
Thursday 25th August 2011, 22:34
A mate also had the same problem on his e30 325 sport, turned out to be the relay....probably the easiest thing to check too before you investigate further.....

t5 pete
Friday 26th August 2011, 20:25
brilliant cheers will chamge the relay and check the pump this weekend and report back