PDA

View Full Version : Manifold Barometric Pressure Sensor Replacement

Tosh
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 16:02
Thought I'd share my workload for this evening! My ECU light came on a couple of weeks ago and the code pointed us to the above mentioned sensor. I have just received the expensive replacement from Volvo (must be solid gold judging by what it cost!) and am planning to change it over this evening. At the same time I'm also replacing the Throttle Housing (whole assy) and throttle cable. Should be fun!
Has any other Forum member had these parts fail on them or am I the first? When tested the throttle housing was only opening between 11 & 83%. Idle issues aside, I have obviously not been getting full power from the T5. I am hoping the difference will be noticable! Anyone else seen similar problems?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 17:17
Thought I'd share my workload for this evening! My ECU light came on a couple of weeks ago and the code pointed us to the above mentioned sensor. I have just received the expensive replacement from Volvo (must be solid gold judging by what it cost!) and am planning to change it over this evening. At the same time I'm also replacing the Throttle Housing (whole assy) and throttle cable. Should be fun!
Has any other Forum member had these parts fail on them or am I the first? When tested the throttle housing was only opening between 11 & 83%. Idle issues aside, I have obviously not been getting full power from the T5. I am hoping the difference will be noticable! Anyone else seen similar problems?I once drove over a big pothole and the Lambda light came on, the code read atmospheric pressure switch, i had it reset and never had any further trouble, it even told me on the machine the speed & rpm i was doing when i hit the hole.

Tosh
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 17:23
Tried that myself, but the light came back on within a few miles and showed the same code when hooked up. I decided to replace it, seems an odd one though?