PDA

View Full Version : STAINLESS Exhausts

audimadmike
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 15:50
Not sure if any of you are aware of 'Longlife Exhausts' a franchise offering made to measure exhausts.
Shadquattro recently had one made for her S2 around £375. This was made and fitted within 3 hours with a choice of noise and back box tailpipes.
This is a high quality 304 stainless and not the 430 and 316 which is magnetic and used by competitors. Therefore it doesn't rust and will last the life of the car.
Its just a shame the system isn't visible except for on a ramp, a work of art. Even the bracket supports are custom made.
The branch we used was in Leeds.
As recommended by S2forum.
Mike

Straker
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 15:55
That sounds like a good deal, did that include the cat as well or just the back box?

How are the roof rails by the way, hope they are still on the car :)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 17:14
Not sure if any of you are aware of 'Longlife Exhausts' a franchise offering made to measure exhausts.
Shadquattro recently had one made for her S2 around £375. This was made and fitted within 3 hours with a choice of noise and back box tailpipes.
This is a high quality 304 stainless and not the 430 and 316 which is magnetic and used by competitors. Therefore it doesn't rust and will last the life of the car.
Its just a shame the system isn't visible except for on a ramp, a work of art. Even the bracket supports are custom made.
The branch we used was in Leeds.
As recommended by S2forum.
MikeThey quoted me £399 for cat back in 2 n 1/2 in pipe. Hamish says Longlife are crap so there lol...

p fandango
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 17:27
Longlife are the same as Powerflow as they are a franchise company so yes quality will vary between branches, i also believe you get the same lifetime warranty so if your not happy take it back & get them to sort it

but always see some work done by the exact branch before hand

audimadmike
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 22:04
I can only recommend the one in Leeds, I know stainless and they were really well made. The S2forum members have used this branch and found them better than other stainless systems. They aren't the same as any other make. The tubes are 6 metre lengths cut and bent to suit the car and spec of the owner, they are all welded to make one joint free exhaust from the cat back. The S2 has 3 silencers and a curvy bit at the rear all in 60mm tube.
It needs to be viewed to be appreciated.

Roof rails still clinging on!

Mike

lil_me
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 00:28
Ours goes in soon for a cat back (already had the downpipe and sports cat done) at AAS in Newcastle, hand built and the work is amazing, been quoted £350 to complete the work and I won't go anywhere else

audimadmike
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 07:08
Ours goes in soon for a cat back (already had the downpipe and sports cat done) at AAS in Newcastle, hand built and the work is amazing, been quoted £350 to complete the work and I won't go anywhere else

Similar to the place in leeds...'hand built' that is the difference over the others.
Mike

p fandango
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 15:07
http://81.6.222.21/covcrew/volvo-850-t5/archive/archive40.jpg
i used to know 1 of the lads that worked at Powerflow, so got mine done for £200, single silencer with de-cat :remybussi . The only thing they couldn't do the downpipe

audimadmike
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 15:44
Looks neat with the twin exhausts...just spoilt by the middle finger towbar, like mine.
Nice colour.
Mike

p fandango
Wednesday 10th August 2005, 15:57
Looks neat with the twin exhausts...just spoilt by the middle finger towbar, like mine.
Nice colour.
Mike
thanks for the compliments,

unfortunatly i still use the towbar, i brought a little box trailer to remove the rubbish from my house instead of forking out of skips (might remove the towbar once all the work is done, never thought about it lol)

http://81.6.222.21/covcrew/volvo-850-t5/archive/archive41.jpg