PDA

View Full Version : Walbro what next?

merc85
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:27
Hi sorted my 850 t5's running issue out at last Faulty dv. But i now have a New Walbro Pump that i didnt intend to use unless my old one was faulty.

Turns out my pump is fine, But Now i dont quite know what to do next.

Would there be any increase in performance with the new Walbro Pump fitted? Will i need bigger injectors to suit? and or another remap?

Any help would be much appreciated.

AndysR
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:31
Hi sorted my 850 t5's running issue out at last Faulty dv. But i now have a New Walbro Pump that i didnt intend to use unless my old one was faulty.

Turns out my pump is fine, But Now i dont quite know what to do next.

Would there be any increase in performance with the new Walbro Pump fitted? Will i need bigger injectors to suit? and or another remap?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Shouldn't really need to do anything extra after fitting the Walbro as the fuel pressure regulator should maintain the pressure. The advantage of fitting the pump is a higher consistant flow is supplied which will lead to a higher pressure which will be better when your on the gas to save any possibilty of pressure drop when at WOT when fuel demand is greatest. Also if you decide to go down the route of larger injector and greater boost levels the fueling is already sorted :)

merc85
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:35
Thanks Andy, is there nothing you dont know about these Bricks lol

AndysR
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:39
Thanks Andy, is there nothing you dont know about these Bricks lol

I fitted a Walbro to mine long before I did any other upgrades... I also had the fuel pressure regulator and lamdba sensor replaced along with an injector clean a few years ago for piece of mind, car really was a lovely drive afterwards with very consistant power delivery and pretty fast as well for a stage 1, when you can I'd recommend you did the same it's amazing what wear and tear does to power levels and because loss can be very gradual it's a god send when it's back.