PDA

View Full Version : S60 at ~240k miles?

stewartbradford
Sunday 21st August 2011, 17:13
Hey guys,

I'm currently selling my Alfa 147 in favour of something more reliable and have found a Bi-Fuel S60 local to me at a pretty good price (£1000) but it's sat at 240k miles and I'm wondering what the S60 is like at that mileage.

I've not test driven the car yet and only had a quick flick through the service book but it looked pretty well stamped (possibly missing a few services but was definitely serviced in the past 18 months or so) and a brief look at the interior and although worn didn't look too bad (plus the seats could easily be replaced so not much of an issue).

Is it going to be a case of buying a car that although the engine is fine will need a fair bit of work on the suspension? It's an Auto so assuming the gearbox is okay (are Volvo autos bullet proof?) there is nothing there to worry about, had to do my clutch a couple months ago and it was very pricey being a 3 piece clutch and flywheel kit so want to try and avoid that sort of bill.

I'm also considering a diesel 850/x70 would that be a better buy? Bit cheaper and presumably reasonably economical (circa 40mpg)? My budget is pretty small (and depends on selling the Alfa).

Many thanks,

Stewart