PDA

View Full Version : rica wrong map .

ROZER
Sunday 21st August 2011, 12:45
Hi Lee,

Just to let you know, RICA will be sending the iSoftloaders to me today and delivery time is normally 2-3 working days, so I should get them on Tuesday, which means that it’s possible that you might receive yours on Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I have spoken to RICA about your car and they agree that lending you the iSoftloader is the best solution because then we can try a number of different map alterations and see how the car responds. The iSoftloader SYNC application has a built-in customer support system which connects directly to RICA, so any problems can be resolved quickly. You don’t need a laptop in the car when programing the ECU because the iSoftloader is a hand-held standalone device. All you need is a Windows PC computer (XP, Vista or Win 7) and internet access to be able to sync the iSoftloader in order to download the tuning files to it.

If you need to contact me, email is best (info@rica-uk.com) or if it’s urgent then you can call me on 07802 414233.

Regards,

Adam.

RICA Engineering UK

www.rica-uk.com

ROZER
Sunday 21st August 2011, 12:47
not bad customer support hope to get the right map this time .

Santa
Sunday 21st August 2011, 13:18
Yeah can't fault Adam at all

graemewelch
Sunday 21st August 2011, 14:41
i also found adam to give a outstanding service. if only everyone ran there companys like this

ROZER
Sunday 21st August 2011, 15:54
cant fault the service at all can you imagine had i gone to a back street garage to have my car mapped i would be spending more money trying to get it right.

ROZER
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 19:55
adam from rica has sent the softloader and i am on a different map its holding boost now at 18psi hes sending me another map in the morning with the torque delete nice bit of kit that softloader and the support is spot on says i can swap between 2 maps for 2 weeks then send it back happy days.

Santa
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 20:03
adam from rica has sent the softloader and i am on a different map its holding boost now at 18psi hes sending me another map in the morning with the torque delete nice bit of kit that softloader and the support is spot on says i can swap between 2 maps for 2 weeks then send it back happy days.

Torque delete? Is that to remove the torque limiter on Autos/lower gears on manuals?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 20:11

That sound's dangerous, im sure it's not otherwise he would'nt of sent it to you, but what does it mean?

ROZER
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 20:30
its for autos Torque limited to 250 lbs/ft in 1st & 2nd gear it removes this but its not for everyone i dont drive like it hard all the time so going to try it out if its not for me i can go back.

ROZER
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 20:45
almost two seconds slower than the manual transmission version. Two seconds may not sound like much, but at 60 mph it’s over eight car lengths. Our standard ECU upgrade for these models retains the torque limiting, so 0-60 performance is essentially stock, as our upgrades to the software for this model do not take effect until the car shifts into 3rd gear. At the urging of customers, we developed a non-torque limited version that provides full power in all gears. While testing the non restricted version, we recorded a 5.4 0-60 time, which is an improvement of 1.3 seconds. Huge. What’s the risk? Our Swedish partners at MTE that developed the upgrade have customers who have been aggressively running the this version for over 24 months without any problems, however, we don’t want to imply that it’s risk free. Therefore we require that you sign and return a simple waiver (indicating that you understand the potential risks) before we will install this software. Understand that a car manufacturer has to consider all the possible uses and abuses its products may be subject to and that is why there is torque limiting. It prevents overheating of the drivetrain under extreme conditions such as max GVW towing over mountain passes in the heat of summer, etc.

ROZER
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 20:46
should explain it better got it from ipd

Redbrick
Wednesday 24th August 2011, 22:33

Santa
Saturday 27th August 2011, 17:13
Thanks for the info on the torque delete Rozer. I've done similar things on other turbo charged (yet manual) cars. Just need to not rag it off the line all the time lol.

ROZER
Saturday 27th August 2011, 17:48
well rica would not give me the files to do this so maybe it was to much for the trans .shame would of been nice to try for a week or so .but am happy with how my cars running now found out that it only boosts to 12 psi in first and second gear then its at 18psi when in third but this map seems very responsive even when not using any boost.