PDA

View Full Version : New ss 3 inch on my r.omg!!!

STEVO RRR
Saturday 20th August 2011, 20:17
Just back from having a Longlife SS exhaust on my S60R.The sound is absolutely incredible.Even the fitter thought it sounded awesome.
I had a 6inch oval with a perforated inner core fitted and it fits the bumper perfectly.It`s a little louder than I wanted but the car feels better,looks better and goes better so wtf.

For those of you with a T5 or R in north Scotland the place to go is BT Autos in Longside near Peterhead.Speak to Bobby.

Pics to follow.

Steve

t5_monkey
Saturday 20th August 2011, 20:32
you'll get used to the sound in no-time and you'll love it!

having the hifi on when you're on the M-way is a small price to pay for awesome sound.

Santa
Saturday 20th August 2011, 20:59
And before you know it you will be pulling away and accidently causing a bunch of young adults to s**t themselves and dive for cover ;-)

jardon
Sunday 21st August 2011, 12:38
Just back from having a Longlife SS exhaust on my S60R.The sound is absolutely incredible.Even the fitter thought it sounded awesome.
I had a 6inch oval with a perforated inner core fitted and it fits the bumper perfectly.It`s a little louder than I wanted but the car feels better,looks better and goes better so wtf.

For those of you with a T5 or R in north Scotland the place to go is BT Autos in Longside near Peterhead.Speak to Bobby.

Pics to follow.

Steve

Nice one. It will get quieter as it soots up - or at least my Ferrita did. I'm considering a 3" cat back - how much did it cost? I wonder if the reduced restriction is worth it on my stock frame turbo? Noise wise the Ferrita is nice but I do like the sound of a few Milteks I've heard. Is yours warranteed at all?

STEVO RRR
Monday 22nd August 2011, 11:27
Nice one. It will get quieter as it soots up - or at least my Ferrita did. I'm considering a 3" cat back - how much did it cost? I wonder if the reduced restriction is worth it on my stock frame turbo? Noise wise the Ferrita is nice but I do like the sound of a few Milteks I've heard. Is yours warranteed at all?

It was £499 and that was with my choice of tailpipe.It sounds like a yankee muscle car,like a V8.It looks like the Evolve version.
The warranty is for life and can be transferred to a new owner subject to a check-up at the fitting garage.I DONT have to take it back every year (like Powerflow)to maintain the guarantee.

Steve

Jimmie
Tuesday 23rd August 2011, 11:43
How does it compare to other makes quality wise.

STEVO RRR
Tuesday 23rd August 2011, 19:56
How does it compare to other makes quality wise.

Hi Jimmie,Quality wise I think its excellent.The attention to detail was very impressive and the welds on the pipes and hangers are excellent.I waited there while he built it and anything he was unsure about hed ask my opinion and followed my instructions.
There is a slight compromise with the main pipe slanting slightly downwards but this was all to do with the 3in pipe having to go under the rear diff. so any R with this layout would be the same even the Evolve unit does this.
I have absolutely no complaints with the fitting,the looks and even the sound now.It is absolutely gorgeous, addictive and,daughter permitting,I`ll post up how it looks and sounds tomorrow.
It now sounds like a car with 350+bhp.Trust me if Volvo built them sounding like this,they`d have sold an awful lot more.

Steve