PDA

View Full Version : Had a go in a new V70R AWD

woodmeister
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 09:49
Chap at work has just got a nearly new V70R AWD. Sonic Blue, 18" Graphite Pegasus alloys, Atacama Leather all the appropriate toys including the Digital Jukebox.

Took me for a spin and I was very, very, very impressed.

What an amazing car. :shockedbi

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 09:56
Price? Year? Mileage?

TangoDeltaSierra3
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 10:25
Sign him up fast - is he joining the forum ?

woodmeister
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 10:31
It's Jan 2004 on a 53 plate. Had 8000 miles when he picked it up and was about £28K.

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 10:36
Very cool - any photos?

When is he joining? LOL

woodmeister
Tuesday 9th August 2005, 10:41
Don't worry I've pointed him in this very direction. :)

Rufe
Tuesday 16th August 2005, 15:59
these are nice fair play, especially like the suspension settings on the dash. driving one over a rumble strip at a proving ground last year, changing the settings made an instant difference to the noise in the car from the rough road. the traction control is good too, allowing the wheels to spin to a point while still pulling forward, better than any i've driven before. at one testing day volvo laid on a home made 'quarter mile' strip (distance was approx 400m but wasnt timed or designed to be accurate), with the first 30 ft or so being on a section of soapy and very wet ice rink. car still moved forward quickly even at full throttle, then when it touched the tarmac it just launched. that was good. a very good car all round, shame about the price tag that comes with them