PDA

View Full Version : Reciric Still Attached problems

merc85
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:18
Hi see my post Error codes? please help in 850 section, just a thought i fitted a dv, and blanked off the recirc valve and left it in the turbo.

Since then she suffer's from turbo lag, But now she has been holding back very low down in te rev range and also when rev's pick up she hesitates wen on boost.

I'm thinking fuel pump BUT could this all be down to not taking out and blanking off the recirc valve properly??

Tomcat
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:20
What sort of dump valve did you fit?.

merc85
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:23
What sort of dump valve did you fit?.

Bailey DV26

Tomcat
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:27
Ah, just checking, these engine's don't like the single piston type of dump valve but yours is a twin anyway.

merc85
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:30
Thinking about disconnecting it, ebay special , will give it a try tomo.

Tomcat
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:31
Provided the recirc is just blanked off then it should just act as if it where a blanking plate anyway. Has it just started doing this since you fitted the dump valve?.

merc85
Saturday 20th August 2011, 00:40
It's been laggy from wen i first changed it, but since then she has got worse, and thrown 2-3-1 code fuel rich/lean on part throttle.

Boot it low down at low rev's she dont pull, higher up the rev's no problem apart from the odd miss/holdback

smithson007
Saturday 20th August 2011, 10:24
Boot it low down at low rev's she dont pull, higher up the rev's no problem apart from the odd miss/holdback

This sounds like what my v70r is doing at the min.

merc85
Saturday 20th August 2011, 11:29
This sounds like what my v70r is doing at the min.

I will be ordering a Walbro pump as soon as i've found a supplier.

Will keep you posted if it cures it

smithson007
Saturday 20th August 2011, 11:36
cheers mate.

merc85
Monday 22nd August 2011, 18:46
Ok get this, The problem has been getting stedily worse over the past week, i have on order a Walbro pump and Mesh filter/pick up order, will have these by tomorrow.

But Get this, I have removed the Dv26 dump valve and connected up the recirc again.

Now I have only drive the car 7 Miles but all the lag has Gone and the car doesn't seem to be stuttering and holding back.

I'm going to go out later and give it a 40 mile round trip to see if it has cured the problem.

I did notice not so long ago when i'd come back off a run and switch the car off the dump valve was stuck open??

Should they be open or closed with the engine off??

merc85
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:17
Faulty Dump Valve was causing all the agro, Now running recirc car is back to normal.

Thanks to everyone for there Help.

AndysR
Monday 22nd August 2011, 22:19
Glad to hear the problem is sorted.
Fit a blanking plate, enjoy chatter and ditch the idea of a chav valve completely... :)