PDA

View Full Version : Any preference on tyres?

Fatboy
Friday 19th August 2011, 12:41
Now that the car is back from Volvo and the throttle body issue has been rectified, she is running like a dream. However I am at the point where I need to dig deep and get the tyres replaced (especially if I am off to see Hamish soon to get her re-mapped).

Does anyone have any advice/preference on which tyres I should get, someone has said to me that Michelin Alpin A4 are good for the V50 D5.

Thanks everyone

antz
Friday 19th August 2011, 15:08
I use Toyo T1R's on my T4 and cant fault them. Great grip in the dry and good grip in the wet. Seem to wear well too!

The Flying Moose
Friday 19th August 2011, 16:08
If your feeling flush a favourite amongst all are Yokohama Prada's or Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's. Both are very good in the dry and not bad either in the wet.

The T1R as Antz say's is a very good all round tyre for the price.

The Michelins are quite firm tyres and last a long time and are by no means substandard however they do produce alot of road noise.

Something like a Continental Contact Sport 3 would be well suited too.

p fandango
Friday 19th August 2011, 16:12
mine are that cheap i think there even called "tyre" lol

Yorkshiresxi
Friday 19th August 2011, 16:12
T1R's ftw they stick really well in the rain or dry..love them to bits!

dicky b t5
Friday 19th August 2011, 23:18
Toyo Proxes 4s. Fantastic tyres. 25k out of a set of four.
Shall be buying my third set in about 2k miles.

I get them from Camskill, good price as well.

t5_monkey
Friday 19th August 2011, 23:52
Conti Contact Sport 3

Got them all round on mine.. love them, great in the wet.

Mine can handle the 320+lb-ft or so at the wheels I'm running, even in the wet (most of the time!)

225/45/17 are the ones to go for if you're on 17's

smithson007
Saturday 20th August 2011, 10:27
pirelli p-zero rosso's. Best tyre ive ever found for these cars. Good balance between grip and wear rate's. Can shift some serious amounts of water. Just a little pricey thats the only down side.