PDA

View Full Version : Acceleration Problem

Subdued R
Wednesday 17th August 2011, 12:43
Hi all, wondered if anyone can point a finger at a fault if got with my S70R manual car. On the odd occasion from about 2000rpm it hits what can only be described as a brick wall the splutters,clears and pulss normally. Engine check light is on but no codes to read??? Could it be the lambda sensor going down?

M-R-P
Wednesday 17th August 2011, 12:52
Could be the MAF sensor, try giving it a firm whack with the back end of a screwdriver or a good clean with something like throttle cleaner or brake cleaner.

t5 pete
Wednesday 17th August 2011, 21:05
Either vac/air leak, failed bcs or shot plugs are the most likley culprits

Subdued R
Thursday 6th October 2011, 19:44
Sorry its been such a long time replying to you guys. Replaced all the vac piping, new plugs, coil,dizzy cap and rotor arm then the BCS and stil very limited boost. Also replaced the MAS too....what else could it be.....hate not having boost!!!

smithson007
Thursday 6th October 2011, 19:54
Im having the same problem at the min. My BCS was faulty so i fitted and MBC. All was sorted for a little while but now its doing similar to yours by the sound of it. I was thinking it could maybe be a dodgy actuator. Dont know if this is possible or not?

Subdued R
Thursday 6th October 2011, 20:27
Not sure mate it did cross my mind if it could be that. Seriously thinking about taking her up to HLM and see what Hamish can find.

smithson007
Thursday 6th October 2011, 21:06
If your fairly close to it mate might be well worth it. Get to the bottom of it. Then you can tell me what you find. LOL.

Subdued R
Monday 10th October 2011, 15:11
Yeah will do mate as its doing my head in now. I had boost on Sunday night and now its gone again. Its booked in for Hamish to hopefully work some wizardry on it next Monday so watch this space!! Hope we can find the problem as I'd like a remap while I'm there

PHIL V70R
Monday 10th October 2011, 16:23
watching this with intrest...

smithson007
Monday 10th October 2011, 20:22
Same here. Myne's been dumped on the drive at the min and left alone because im starting to get annoyed with it now.

tim15888
Saturday 15th October 2011, 17:53
Yeah will do mate as its doing my head in now. I had boost on Sunday night and now its gone again. Its booked in for Hamish to hopefully work some wizardry on it next Monday so watch this space!! Hope we can find the problem as I'd like a remap while I'm there

Who is this Hamish? Could do with speaking to him about what he can remap. Mine's got a RICA 280bhp ECU from the police (was an armed response car with kevlar in the doors so was heavy). I've done bits and bobs to make it quicker like de-cat, bleed valve etc but want to make it quicker! Where do I find him?

cherry1809
Saturday 15th October 2011, 18:04
Just Google search HLM Bromsgrove.
Mine was losing boost (Or not being controlled at least) Was a small rubber joint on a vac line behind the plastic shroud on top of the radiator.

ncarnall
Saturday 15th October 2011, 23:53
Just Google search HLM Bromsgrove.
Mine was losing boost (Or not being controlled at least) Was a small rubber joint on a vac line behind the plastic shroud on top of the radiator.
Photo please?

tim15888
Sunday 16th October 2011, 15:10
What year is it? and is it the fly by wire throttle body? Could well be a boost leak. They don't like boost leaks. I noticed when my dump valve dicided to **** itself.

Subdued R
Sunday 16th October 2011, 18:45
Its a '98 cable throttle. Nautic Blue Pearl inport from Holland only one to this spec in the UK. So you can understand why i want to get it sorted out as its doing my head in..

Subdued R
Tuesday 18th October 2011, 15:58
Gents all is now ok as it was a split main turbo hose which only showed up via a smoke test. Crap Samco hoses!! so now going back to standard. Many Thanks to Hamish and the boys at HLM for perservering with it for a few hours ,great work gents and now just got to adjust the actuator and all will be sorted. Highly recommend these guys!!