PDA

View Full Version : Rad and cooler fitted

Matt-850-T5
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:46
Got the rad and cooler on today! All is well so far, Just got to drain the coolant system several times and all should be ok.
Next thing is PCV and new turbo then its up for sale
How easy is it to acess the PCV as its steaming alot from the dipstick

T5frankie
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:48
Got the rad and cooler on today! All is well so far, Just got to drain the coolant system several times and all should be ok.
Next thing is PCV and new turbo then its up for sale
How easy is it to acess the PCV as its steaming alot from the dipstick

good luck lol

t5 pete
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:49
The pcv unit is below the inlet manifold then from that theres pipe work that leads round the engine to the turbo inlet pipe there quite easy to do just take you time also how come ur doing all this work then to sell it, it seems a shame to sell it after all that work

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:51
The PCB unit is below the inlet manifold there quite easy to do just take you time

Expect better from a mod lol

t5 pete
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:55
Expect better from a mod lol

Lol ur expecting too much p.s. how's my bbq doing lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:57
Lol ur expecting too much p.s. how's my bbq doing lol

Keeping the T5R company in the lock-up :)

t5 pete
Sunday 14th August 2011, 19:59
Lol ur more than welcome to throw it away if its in ur way

Matt-850-T5
Sunday 14th August 2011, 20:01
its worth nothing as it is. when its fixed ill get more

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th August 2011, 20:02
Lol ur more than welcome to throw it away if its in ur way

To be honest it was lucky it did'nt get thrown out the door when i snapped the mani stud a few other bits did :)

T5frankie
Sunday 14th August 2011, 20:04
To be honest it was lucky it did'nt get thrown out the door when i snapped the mani stud a few other bits did :)

pmsl i bet they did lol

Jamest5r
Sunday 14th August 2011, 20:11
pmsl i bet they did lol

Took me 5mins to find the ratchet, would'nt of bothered but it was snap on lol.

Matt, sorry for the hyjack, im guessing you have used the original clips to hold the oil pipes on i would suggest you put a couple of cable ties around to hold them tight as if one comes off it will empty the oil in about 10secs.

Matt-850-T5
Sunday 14th August 2011, 20:21
Yeah someone already advised me this on a previous post. The car wont be going anywhere til i get the parts. Just for peace of mind :) Thankyou.

Took me 5mins to find the ratchet, would'nt of bothered but it was snap on lol.

Matt, sorry for the hyjack, im guessing you have used the original clips to hold the oil pipes on i would suggest you put a couple of cable ties around to hold them tight as if one comes off it will empty the oil in about 10secs.

Matt-850-T5
Monday 15th August 2011, 21:52
Well.. The rad and cooler WAS ok til I revved it to about 2000rpm and the oil cooler hose came straight off and lost all my new oil! It had the new clips on too! But on further inspection the second hand rad I bought is nackered. Where the oil cooler pipe gOrs unto the rad theres a lip and the lip is corroded causing pipe not to go on properly. Back to square one!!

t5 stealth
Monday 15th August 2011, 21:58
Well.. The rad and cooler WAS ok til I revved it to about 2000rpm and the oil cooler hose came straight off and lost all my new oil! It had the new clips on too! But on further inspection the second hand rad I bought is nackered. Where the oil cooler pipe gOrs unto the rad theres a lip and the lip is corroded causing pipe not to go on properly. Back to square one!!

thats bad news mate,
glad you caught it before driving up the road and not knowing it popped of until the noise of death under the bonnet,

how much was a second hand rad,
you should be able to take it back to the place you got it as it cant do the thing its meant to so its sold as a defective unit...they should refund or replace surely...............
i know a new rad is around 100 quid so might pay to save a few quid more ?

Matt-850-T5
Monday 15th August 2011, 22:03
Yeah was lucky it went when it did. And was a second hand radiator i paid £30 and had to travel 50 miles to get it so it's hardly worth a refund but am going to phone the chap and see what he can do. I was looking on eBay for engine cooling rads and the cheapest I could find was just under £300?!

t5 stealth
Monday 15th August 2011, 22:09
Yeah was lucky it went when it did. And was a second hand radiator i paid £30 and had to travel 50 miles to get it so it's hardly worth a refund but am going to phone the chap and see what he can do. I was looking on eBay for engine cooling rads and the cheapest I could find was just under £300?!

i think i paid 100 quid for mine when mine done the same as yours,,,
oil in water......... :(

t5 stealth
Monday 15th August 2011, 22:26
dont know what model etc you got but is this any good.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLVO-850-1991-1996-S70-V70-1997-1998-RADIATOR-NEW-/280723057425?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415c65eb11

Matt-850-T5
Tuesday 16th August 2011, 07:52
I got an 850 t5. That rad is no good as it says not suitable for petrol turbos :(

p fandango
Tuesday 16th August 2011, 09:09
I got an 850 t5. That rad is no good as it says not suitable for petrol turbos :(
its got no oil cooler