PDA

View Full Version : Radiator

Matt-850-T5
Saturday 13th August 2011, 22:12
Just got back from picking up my radiator and not sure it's right? It's a radiator all ok. But can't see the cooler inside. Is this normal that I can't see the cooler because it's built inside it. It's got a top rad hose, bottom rad hose and a hole on the side that something goes in? I'm assuming that's got the cooler pipe?

Niles
Saturday 13th August 2011, 22:33
you should have 2 small holes to fit the oil cooler pipe in. If you look at the rad from the front (as if its installed) then 1 cooler hole is behind and down the bottom to the left. The other is passenger side and at the top.

Matt-850-T5
Saturday 13th August 2011, 22:56
Yeah looks normal. Just matched it up to the other one. Im assuming i have to take all the other bits and pieces off,cant see much though its dark

siamblue
Saturday 13th August 2011, 23:18
Matt i have a spare in the shed, so i will get a pic of it for you tomorrow.

Gary.

t5 stealth
Sunday 14th August 2011, 00:25
before you take it apart i would get 2 new securing clips from the dealer,
to refit the oil cooler pipes back to the rad as they tend to corrode badly,then fall apart when you try and refit them,and you dont want the oil pipe falling off while your driving as it will meen the end of the engine.

shaun850
Sunday 14th August 2011, 01:00
very sound advice from mr stealth.

Matt-850-T5
Sunday 14th August 2011, 08:25
Nice one! Will have to get some on order. The ones on there at the moment im hoping will last til i get some new ones as i need the new rad on today to get to and from work tomorrow